• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C]Futuremark Announces PCMark 7 for Windows 7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
who would really need the pro edition? $1000, really?

I'll stick with the free one, we will see if it takes hours to run though...

Companies that build specialized HPC systems for desktop usage. Like Multiprocessor CAD systems, that do hydrodynamic and stress analysis. Or studio computer animation and effects processing.

To system requirements like this most processors still aren't enough for the bleeding edge of what they are trying to do. Part of it is price, if you have to deploy 50+ workstations that cost 5k+ and you replace them every three months. You need to be able to squeeze out as much performance as possible for the price closest to your budget.

Granted OpenCL and CUDA has made a vast improvement in these areas. They still spend more time testing systems and engineering them than most. Short of the OC community, and server market.

I don't know. Surprisingly, I hope it does. While I can't go into any details until it's released, suffice it to say it's a more pleasurable benchmark than PCMark Vantage.

May be worth HW points in rev 4.
- PCMark04
- Reference clock
- Memory clock
- PCMark Vantage
- Heaven DX9
- 3DMark 11 Performance

HWbot usually resists benches that cost money (no score with free version). This has 1 free submission *shrug*. Also they wouldn't auto approve a new bench before it can be tested *beta* for cheats and unrealistic tweaks (like cpu speed change in windows changes score). So give it some time.

There used to be no such thing as HWBot, lest ye think HWBot invented benchmarking. ;)

Some people like to bench just to bench. :thup:

I am probably gonna run it regardless. PCMark 05 is still my fav 2d bench. so much to tweak. so hopefully this is a the same and doesn't take as long as vantage.

Good, because, like I said earlier, I made the mistake of running PCMark Vantage when I first started and was hoping for boints. It took an hour and I submitted it and got nothing.

Needless to say, I was angry :p

Back