• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C]SETI World Class Members

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sno.lcn

Senior2 Member
SETI World Class Members
by QuietIce

Every week on the Overclockers.com Forums we recognize our Top 10 output leaders for the week and every other week list member milestones for total points. However, some of our members are, literally, World Class and deserve special recognition for their SETI@Home efforts. Each of these members is in the Top 100 in the SETI@Home World of 175,000+ active and over one million total participants and has put forth considerable effort toward SETI@Home and the Overclockers.com Team. Today we honor their commitment with their comments and a brief look at their personal lives:

Razorface started crunching in August of 2001 and is currently ranked 44th in total points and 24th in RAC, a rating of daily output. Razorface is an EE and worked for HP for 21 years before (semi-)retiring from the computer business. Besides keeping watch over his twenty-something unit SETI farm he enjoys cooking/eating, traveling, growing orchids, and collecting stamps, postcards, and vintage HP equipment. And why does Razorface crunch SETI? “I do think other intelligence exists, but don’t think we will ever discover them. … However, I enjoy the competition for credits within my team (Overclockers!) as well as the community at large.”

Click here to continue reading.

Discuss this article below. If you are interested in contributing to the front page (www.overclockers.com), please feel free to contact me.

Thanks,
sno.lcn

Nice little write up QI. It's nice to learn a little bit about the new (to OCF) guys SOFMan and Al. Talk about some dedication!

Nice write up QIce :) I really like the idea of getting to know our members better, and I love the quirky quotes as well :p

Are we looking to expand this to us non-world class members? :p I'd love to get to know everyone who posts here - even if it is just a quick paragraph ;)

Is that the kind of thing we are looking for with content, or?

Back