• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC Dreams

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[FX]Roman

Registered
Hello all... I usually post on [H], but I think you guys are better to take this question, so here goes:

My CPU: AMDXP2100(1.73ghz)
MOBO: MSI KT3 Ultra
RAM: 512DDR 2700

My question... Im looking for a heatsink/fan combo. What would be the best way to go. I was looking at a Volcano 9 Here, but I want something that will really chill my CPU... As far as Air Cooling goes...

I would LOVE to hear from anyone!
:)

From what I have seen looking around, the SLK-800 is the best so far...

Does anyone have any tidbits which might thrwort this thought?:burn:

The Volcano still looks really good... Are my newb eyes blurred?

depends on how much noise you can take I say either the
slk-800 or the mcx462 and a smart fan II or you could always try something new and use a leaf blower now thats something I'd like to see

I would go with the ax-7 unless u have nice deep pockets. The slk 800 is better but costs more (too much for me anyway). The fan will make a big diff on either of them. Go as high as your ears can take. A lot of people seem to think that the sunon 50cfm has a pretty good performance to noise ratio. The swiftech performs nearly as well as either of them, but the swiftech was over $45 as is the slk800. last time i checked with the ax7 coming in at around $25. You're looking at a diff of 1 or 2 degrees between any of them.

If you really want best possible and are willing to spend a lot, get the mcx62+, which performs better than the slk-800, albeit slightly, and has a nice design. 1/2 inch think copper base with 390 aluminum pins. Better than the slk-800 by a few c usually.

I think it's worth it for even a small benefit because it's only $5 or so more than the slk800 at heatsinkfactory

Get the mcx462+ (make sure it has the + and not u) and a thermaltake smart fan 2, or, if you don't care about noise, an 80mm vantec tornado.

Give it a little time before you buy. Joe C. should have the MCX462+ tested soon & we can see how much of a difference the update does. With fans the 80mm Delta EHE, 80mm Vantek Tornado 84CFM or 80mm Sunon 84CFM should be one of the top choices...... now about those 80X80X50 130CFM jets........

Back