• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC-Forums logo design contest

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Awesome work everyone. I like the lightning bolt theme, but I'm wondering if that sends a message that we OC-Forum members are promoting dangerous usage of electricity. Lightning is NOT for children! I went with a different approach and created something that I believe will inspire teamwork and cooperation for everyone of all ages. Every forum needs a mascot, who better than Billiam Goatessian III?

I present,

My entry.
forum-goat.gif

Re: Looking good

greg said:
What would be cool is if you guys could come up with a short slogan or something. Something that identifies what OC-Forums is.

It may be a bit cheesy but all I can think of is OC-Forums - One step ahead of technology : D

vonkaar said:
Awesome work everyone. I like the lightning bolt theme, but I'm wondering if that sends a message that we OC-Forum members are promoting dangerous usage of electricity. Lightning is NOT for children! I went with a different approach and created something that I believe will inspire teamwork and cooperation for everyone of all ages. Every forum needs a mascot, who better than Billiam Goatessian III?

I present,

My entry.
forum-goat.gif

ROTFFL!!! Man... You're off the chain.

AntiHeiss said:
Hope you like my first two ideas to spit out....

oclogo2.1.jpg
This kicks ***. The text could be thicker for ease of reading, and the lightning a little higher contrast, IMO, but that design is awesome.

Shocker said:

wow this is an intersting one! man, after this contest is over im gonna have to talk to some of you guys about your mad photoshop skills!

anyways, for a short slogan, unseen (i think it was him) had something in his sig saying, "the urge to make it go faster until it beggs for mercy" or something like that. aahhhhh screw it, i cant come up with anything lol.

I take everything I said about not too many people having skillz in logo design here. These are all great so far. My favorite is shocker's. I think that after the contest is over we should be able vote on the winner...is this idea possible admins???

Keep up the awesome work everyone.
Matt

I think they are planning on going by majority opinion... I expect that if it isn't clear, and they don't have a distinct preference, they would allow a vote.

As for motto's, I've got a few more bad ideas to contribute - most of these are from OC.com articles written by forum/community members:

"From hell to high FSB"

"Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without."

I actually like the second one. :)

vonkaar said:

I present,

My entry.
forum-goat.gif

isnt hardcorewares mascot a goat?

Lots of nice logo's guys!

I'm not as 733t a photoshopper as a lot of you( ok ok, beginer at best :p ) but I'll give it a shot and hope for the best :)

oclogo1.jpg

Here are the two I have so far (in both black and white). I plan on doing more. I can change any of the colors very easily, but I think the blue and gold suits OC best.

OC1W.jpg

OC1B.jpg

OC2W.jpg

OC2B.jpg

Last edited:
Über~PhLuBB said:
Here are the two I have so far (in both black and white). I plan on doing more. I can change any of the colors very easily, but I think the blue and gold suits OC best.

OC1W.jpg

OC1B.jpg

OC2W.jpg

OC2B.jpg

I like the top two.. the only thing is if you didn't know the name of the forum was OC-Forums.. then you wouldn't catch that from the logo.

greg said:

I like the top two.. the only thing is if you didn't know the name of the forum was OC-Forums.. then you wouldn't catch that from the logo.

But you can look in your broswer and see the oc and THEN make the connection.

I like the first 2 as well (I do like others though)

Last edited:
Über~PhLuBB said:

Holy Cow! Those are great, I love those. I agree with Greg though, the only thing is that you would not know it said OC.

Matt

I'm not being very serious about submitting this, but I just felt the need too. :p

ocjokelogo.gif

:rolleyes: Horrible joke, isn't it....

Back