• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC: FX6300 on M5A99FX PRO R2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Don't fans only start spinning after ~60c with Maxwell and above ? if so your 950 fits right in. That it behaves differently with EVGA Precision X could just be a custom profile that forces the fans on regardless of temp ?

With my fan the default was for the fan to kick in at 40C, I wanted it to idle at 30, so I changed the graph. If fans only kicked in at 60, wouldn't that do damage over time? Or maybe I am incorrect and that the default was 60, but I thought Precision starts with the default fan graph for you GPU because it differs depending on brand, type, fan, clockspeed, etc. What I know for sure is that when I opened up my case and looked at my fan, every 3 seconds I could see it trying to spin, then some strange error told it not to. With EVGA Precision open, it always spins.

asdf.PNG

Back