• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC settings for AMD Phenom 9500 [x4] with MSI DKA-790GX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SCFAdamVcG

I know i shouldn't make too many threads at once but this is my last one,the ram timings should do at 6-6-6-10,Lately i have been trying to overclock my phenom quad but as soon as i hit 240 fsb the system just freezes,i've tryed all the way up to 1.6 volts for the cpu,anyone have this board and managed to get the fsb past 240?

I have 1066 ram which is currently underclocked.

Just for grins you might try increasing the on-board video speed. I was having trouble getting the clock speeds revved up on my 790GX board and that seemed to help ...

that still doesnt seem to work,i've tryed reducing the multiplier from 11 to like 4x and i still have a problem ,

i just got bad checksum on reboot and then had to reload settings i'd saved.

Increasing the FSB is going to affect everything that multiplies off of it. When trying to boot 240 your NB and HT link were trying to run at 2160 mhz (1800mhz stock), and without voltage increases to those two, that's not likely to happen. The NB will run at that speed, you'll just need to bump the voltage 1 or 2 increments from stock. It might make for a slightly noticable speed difference.

Back