• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC unstable

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PhantomDot1

I managed to oc my amd Llano a6-3650 up to 3.25 ghz, modified the base clock speed to 125 from 100. I have upped the cpu offset voltage up with 0.018750, but this oc is not stable, as after a while it will generate a bluescreen. I have a few questions about getting an oc more stable. 1. can I somehow learn to understand the bluescreens/error files so I know what to edit more detailed? 2. What should I do to increase the stability of this oc ? I know I can up the voltage more, but there are so many factors effected by this, I don't know what to do exactly. My system was being bottlenecked by my processor, so my gpu wouldnt be fully utilized. I dont want any responses saying my system is not meant to be oc'ed, Cuz I know the multiplier is locked. some specs: 550 watt psu ASUS F1A55-m AMD Llano a6-3650 6gb DDR3 kingston ram 1333mhz amd radeon hd7850 1gb
just giving me some options, so I can get more insight in making this oc more stable and just getting a breakdown on my options now would be great

Nobody was using that board that would or did come into your other thread in the AMD motherboard section.
So since you don't want to hear you have a poor setup for real overclocking, you can look at the link below to see what they did to raise their cpu speed. RAISE the cpu voltage is the key.

AMD A6-3650 APU Overclocking

I already know my setup isnt really good for overclocking, but as you didnt read yet, I already upped the voltage which seemed sufficient, cuz without upping it I couldnt even boot windows, can I get it more stable by upping the voltage more ?

Nobody was using that board that would or did come into your other thread in the AMD motherboard section.
So since you don't want to hear you have a poor setup for real overclocking, you can look at the link below to see what they did to raise their cpu speed. RAISE the cpu voltage is the key.

AMD A6-3650 APU Overclocking

Thx a lot, although I have read through that guide before, I didnt really understand what they were doing untill now, by upping the voltages the same as they did, it worked, Thx !

Oh I read where you raised the cpu voltage in this thread and your original thread. Read it more than once. Googled for a few hours trying to look for anything related to overclocking those early boards and locked processors. When the first two or three pages of hits in g00gle were for nothiing but adds to buy the board and Asus website items, I knew the board had no real following and next to zero about it being overclockable.

Glad you finally found some relief with your overclock. I had hoped at least their raising of the Vcore to cpu would help.

I posted this graphic in a thread I did on the FX-8350 and FX-6300 and a performance Asrock motherboard and the graphic shows how the Vcore had to be raised as the speed increased and shows the difference in voltage of the two cpus I used as differrent even from one cpu to the next. The Vcore must be adjusted for each situation. Plus the temperatures must then be kept within reason.
RGone...

attachment.php

Back