• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ocforums team for Rosetta@home?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well I guess it was more a question of are any of the members active posters here on the forums.

Our Rosetta team appears to have just 17 members actively folding.

I've moved one of my folders over, and may put a second box over to our Rosetta team, but the weather will first have to cool down a bit.

I knew we had a Rosetta team, but I never heard a word from them on the forum, so I thought it was just a left over team from days of yore, kind of a thing.

Edit:

In case you want to assist the Rosetta O/C'ers team:

If you need the BOINC Manager, d/l it from here:
http://boinc.berkeley.edu/

Then double-click it to uncompress and install it on your system.

Now:
1) Open the BOINC Manager

2) Click on "Tools" tab

3) Select "Attach to Project"

Which will start the BOINC Managers Attachment Wizard.

4) Click on Next until it asks you to select a project from a long list

5) Select Rosetta, and enter your data (handle, etc.). For options like "preferred time", and such, I just chose the defaults.

In a few minutes you'll see Rosetta WU's downloading to your BOINC Manager.

Does anyone know if Rosetta has an enhanced client, like SETI does?

Last edited:
Our Rosetta team appears to have just 17 members actively folding.

I've moved one of my folders over, and may put a second box over to our Rosetta team, but the weather will first have to cool down a bit.

I knew we had a Rosetta team, but I never heard a word from them on the forum, so I thought it was just a left over team from days of yore, kind of a thing.

well im the only one active on that Lattice team! LOL i figued i would try another bonic project and lattice running on atom. its not so bad, atom would do worse for times per WU then in lattice. i figured it was good use since QMC was taking so much longer per WU then seti. one WU at 3xx points in QMC took 298k secs to complete, you do the math,LOL.

yea after Lattice runs for a bit im going to see what atom does on Rosetta.
http://boinc.umiacs.umd.edu/team_display.php?teamid=427
depending on how things go and when i get a "burst" of funds. its going to be either a Q6600 or a bunch of atoms! :) if i go atom then i need to find a retailer with the Gigabyte atom board, they oc! :eek:

Not too long after Rosetta started, an optimized rosetta app came out and it was the project giving the most credit for some time but then a bunch of Seti people started crying and they made changes. There's none at the moment i know about.

Not too long after Rosetta started, an optimized rosetta app came out and it was the project giving the most credit for some time but then a bunch of Seti people started crying and they made changes. There's none at the moment i know about.

Damn, that kind of sucks, but at least everyone is playing on the same field this way. But an optimised app would sure be nice.:beer:

Back