• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Odd Win10 boot time

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

demien88

So few days ago I started up pc and it just acted odd. It would boot 3 times slower and I have no idea why, I haven't changed anything on system. I looked into HDD-s no problems, scanned for viruses nothing either, put back oc to defaults still same thing, fixed registry and all additional crap nothing....
Strangest thing is that after that slow boot up pc works fine like it used to BUT when I tried to run AIDA HWMonitor showed me that cpu is downclocking itself like oc was unstable which never happend before on these OC settings. Tried with more vcore nothing so I simply put it to defaults for now.
It only leads me to believe that win update downloaded part of the update that got stuck and now have no idea what to do with incomplete files. Because I can see that lone circle spining at boot like I installed some kind of update or driver that needed restart.
Another thing just when my login screen have to apear many times I can see blue screen just with clock and date or without anything, then when I press enter or click mouse normal screen popsout. Also entering windows is painful have to wait like few minutes for everything to apear.
Please give me some info how I can fix this without rolling back to win7

Reinstall 10 is what i would do. Fresh install. Go DL the usb installer from MS and do ot fresh.

This is absurd 10 cant be installed without issues for a year and 7 could be installed 3 years without single problem...

Last edited:
Meh.... it happens.

Mine wouldnt install at all.. had to force a fresh install, which is fine - frankly, my preferred method.

OK, I can understand the 69 750Cb (my uncle won the Bol d'Or on it in 69, and I still own one ;)), but XP? Serious man? ;)

I had a collection of odd parts and bits and decided to see if I actually had a working rig hiding in the boxes. Turns out I did! Since I had XP laying around doing nothing I used that. Unfortunately, the mobo is an old ECS pile of junk, and AM2+. So the 980 BE in it is running at 800 MHz! I'll toss an old Phenom X4 in it shortly and at least get 2500 MHz out of it. My M4A785-M seems to have died in the closet, or I'd be using that board.

Well it looks like my motherboard dosnt like win7 bootable drive so here we go win 10 once again.... I tried everything oh well

i had slow boot times if i certain usb devices plugged in. e.g. my phone makes it take like 1 whole minute to boot up when its normally a few seconds. i had the issue with 7 too though i believe.

I tried almost everything board is from 2016 so I believe they put something onto it to prevent 7 from installing. Little late to try additional stuff and I don't have patience.
It would just act stupid and tell me there was error loading files "unable to read".

No I tried removing every device before I deleted win10 from system and similar stuff but nothing helped.

I tried almost everything board is from 2016 so I believe they put something onto it to prevent 7 from installing. Little late to try additional stuff and I don't have patience.
It would just act stupid and tell me there was error loading files "unable to read".
windows 7 should install fine there are some settings you have to disable like secureboot in the bios iirc to install windows, calm down do some research. afaik you can even install xp on skylake machines.

Yes I used Rufus and tried some of BIOS settings. You can force any OS into any machine like when I installed win7 on laptop that supports only win10... aaaand it had no drivers for anything . I will give it more time next time idk hat else to say at this point

Did you try downloading the .iso from M$ instead of their stupid tool? I had problems getting W10 to work on a laptop and just downloaded the .iso and it installed fine. Use IE 11 and hit the F12 key. In the Window that pops open go to the box marked "User agent string" and select Apple Safari from the menu. M$ download page will change to let you download the .iso, because it thinks you're on an Apple and can't use the tool. :D

Nope never had issues with 10 iso only with 7 and xp before. I don't even remember where I got this iso from I think its made with their tool

Sounds like a borked ISO or something. I don't imagine this to be 'something they put on to it to prevent W7 from installing'...

Back