• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Official DFI Support guy =)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Angry_Games

Hi all, my name is Travis H, aka Angry_Games.

I work for DFI, makers of the LanParty and Infinity motherboards. I won't bore you with my yapping other than to tell you don't be afraid to ask questions =)

I do work for DFI in case anyone missed that. Normally I work the AMDMB.com forums here:

http://forums.amdmb.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=66

Many of you know me from my postings here, and OC was kind enough to put a DFI spot in here, so I will try to hit it regularly. Always remember if you want, you can contact me via email, msn, or through OC forums or AMDMB forums.

I do support Intel motherboards, and though OC forums has them divided from the Intel section, it would help me greatly if you posted any Intel related questions here as I hate having to look at 6 different areas to find DFI stuff, and the search feature here won't let me use DFI as a search term!

So remember, I do work for DFI and will help you with your DFI board any means within my power! And lets try to stay on topic in the main threads, and I will create a 'bar' type place for DFI users to just yap about anything if you guys are ok with that.

IF YOU DON'T ASK, HOW CAN YOU GET AN ANSWER? ;)

Travis H.
DFI Support
www.dfi.com.tw / www.lanparty.com.tw

HI all. Angry here once again, bringing you another wonderful mode of support to DFI customers.

Many of you have heard of this new program we are using, its called Ventrilo. Ventrilo is a Voice over IP (VoIP) program like Teamspeak, Teamsound, RogerWilco, etc. The major difference is that Ventrilo is as crystal clear as a fiber optic telephone most times.

Ventrilo is a free, easy to use program, and can be downloaded for free HERE.

Windows users want this version: Windows i386 - 32bit 2.1.3 . Make sure you get the client, as that is the only thing you need.

instructions for setup can be found

HERE. Its really a simple program to use.

PLEASE USE A HEADSET AND MICROPHONE, NOT YOUR SPEAKERS!!!!. Remember there will be others on, and if you use just your speakers, you will most likely give/cause feedback, and annoy the heck out of others, and possibly get booted from the channel.

Also, in the setup, please uncheck 'play mic clicks'.

Ok, well, the info you need!

host IP: 209.237.51.38
password: dfi

I cannot guarantee that I or Randy will be on at any given time, but users here should feel free to use this service to help other DFI users. I am on Vent for the most part when I can remember to login =)

Thanks all!

Travis - Angry_Games

I need to know the correct Port # for the Vent. Otherwise at the moment its not up using the default port: 3784

Back