• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Official OC Aquamark 3 Scores

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
redduc900 said:
78375 A new high for me at 4.08 GHz and 450 / 1.25

SO close to #3 overall in your class. Don't give up, there's always more to squeeze in AM3. Once thing i've noticed over my AM3 days is the first run of the day is always my best. I turn the PC on, clock it slightly higher than what i know to be my max, and let it rip....works almost everytime for me. That's how i managed to keep climbing. I know you can do it, keep at it :thup:

Ok,I have been tinkering with AM for a few days straight.I didnt want to upload my stats until I was sure that I was pretty close to maxing out my system without any extreme mods,like a voltage mod.If anyone has any suggestions for me,let me know.Its seems as though when I pump up my A64 higher than 2625mhz (238.64x11x4),that my CPU score suffers---even though it runs stable throughout the test.I have OC'ed my video card manually as high as 431mhz and 1160 mhz---but I seem to score higher when I let Coolbits "Auto-overclock" for me.Currently I am running 1GB(2x512) Patriot TCCD RAM @ 2.5-3-3-5 @ 2.7v,and my CPU at 1.625v.I dont know if AGP Aperature matters,but I set it all the way down to 32mb.I've been trying for 2 days to get over 72,000--any suggestions besides a volt-mod or water-cooling?:confused:

New personal high score::attn: (All air-cooled)

HeatM1ser2k4 said:
Ok,I have been tinkering with AM for a few days straight.I didnt want to upload my stats until I was sure that I was pretty close to maxing out my system without any extreme mods,like a voltage mod.If anyone has any suggestions for me,let me know.Its seems as though when I pump up my A64 higher than 2625mhz (238.64x11x4),that my CPU score suffers---even though it runs stable throughout the test.I have OC'ed my video card manually as high as 431mhz and 1160 mhz---but I seem to score higher when I let Coolbits "Auto-overclock" for me.Currently I am running 1GB(2x512) Patriot TCCD RAM @ 2.5-3-3-5 @ 2.7v,and my CPU at 1.625v.I dont know if AGP Aperature matters,but I set it all the way down to 32mb.I've been trying for 2 days to get over 72,000--any suggestions besides a volt-mod or water-cooling?:confused:

New personal high score::attn: (All air-cooled)

WOW...it seems I spoke too soon! Right after making this post,I ran Am one more time just for kicks---and kicked major ***! The last 2 days I havent been able to get higher than 71944---and I was trying sooooooo hard to at least get over 72000----wow....now 72000 seems like I'd be underestimating my rig.Heres my newest new personal record:

74,435 :attn:

PS--I would still like suggestions on how I can really maximize my sytems performance and output....THANKS!

HeatM1ser2k4 said:
WOW...it seems I spoke too soon! Right after making this post,I ran Am one more time just for kicks---and kicked major ***! The last 2 days I havent been able to get higher than 71944---and I was trying sooooooo hard to at least get over 72000----wow....now 72000 seems like I'd be underestimating my rig.Heres my newest new personal record:

PS--I would still like suggestions on how I can really maximize my sytems performance and output....THANKS!

well done you never no if the next one will be higher

baz

dumo one question if ya dont mind which bios did you use to get that
top of the class score?

baz :)

dumo said:
Ultra-D SLI moded...

weird I was told the Ultra d wont run 2 7800 cards when moded to sli ...dont kill me i am only the messenger lmao..

diehrd said:
weird I was told the Ultra d wont run 2 7800 cards when moded to sli ...dont kill me i am only the messenger lmao..
I'll find out soon :) ..It worked with 2X6800U...
Run with 6.18-2 Bios....

HeatM1ser2k4 said:

I could be that parts of the machine are burning in, or it could be cooling. Sometimes right when the AC kicks on and the computer is idle it will cool a little better. As was said earlier, it's in the cooling. I can see now, that for me to get much farther, I'm going to have to go to water or phase. I'm still considering phase change. Extreme Cooling = Extreme OC's = Extreme Scores = Extreme :clap: heh

HeatM1ser2k4 said:

OK...eeked a little bit higher score out this time :)
You could try the ACPI Multiprocessor tweak, although it messes up Windows installations for some people. If your board is an AGP board, you could try increasing the AGP to 80-90 or if PCI-E, to 110-120. Though this could bring issues of its own, but those two combined for me were worth about 3000 points.

Gautam said:
You could try the ACPI Multiprocessor tweak, although it messes up Windows installations for some people. If your board is an AGP board, you could try increasing the AGP to 80-90 or if PCI-E, to 110-120. Though this could bring issues of its own, but those two combined for me were worth about 3000 points.
Crap! I forgot to change the cpu to a multi-processor,and for got to tweak the registry to give priority it IRQ 16. You really think I can increaze my AGP speer all the way up to 80 or even 90 mhz without damaging anything?I'm guessing I should then pump up the AGP voltage to at least 1.6,if not 1.7v?

I am still using the stock HS...so the cooling is holding me bck slightly.....I cant afford water cooling or anything extreme....but I'm sure there are a few descent aftermarket 6800 GT heatsinks.In a few weeks I'll probably buy one of those Arctic Silencer heatsinks---unless someone could reccomend a better option.

I'm not sure whether 16 or 8 is better for AM3 just yet. I've been using 8 for my latest benches. They seem to come out pretty close. Pumping the AGP voltage might help a bit. Leave it at stock unless you run into any stability issues. Also, take care and make sure that increasing the AGP bus isn't also increasing the PCI bus.

Should be fully up to date. Sorry for lack of updates past 2 days, just had a lot going on. If i missed anything LMK.

Nice new scores too!

Congrats on top spot Dumo :thup:

Way to keep climbing redduc :thup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back