• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Old School Pumps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mark617

Not sure whether I have the Swifty MCP 600 or the Aqua Extreme 50, I am not at home to verify, but I have two of them. I know there are the res. adaptors for the 655, but the 600 and 50 both have, as far as I can tell, a solid pump body. Is there such an adaptor for these pumps? If not, say I wanted to do a WC build, these still seem to have the requisite flow / head etc., but they seem bulky. Would you guys still use them? If so what case would be big enough to hide them? I have a modded to hell CM Stacker but I want to get a new case that can actually support rad / fan setups without having to venture out in to my garage to cut / weld etc.

Thank you,

For the better part of the ten years or so since I purchased them haha. I am going to assume you would recommened picking up a new D5.

I had two of these on my current loop, it was my first build so I wanted redundancy, is there any need for a single CPU loop to have more than one? If I ever added a GPU cooler I would probably just make another loop.

I was set on a price and air and here we go again =P

Mark, depending on your budget, have a look at the Corsair 900D or the Primo Enthoo. These are very big cases.

The D5 and variants really arent very small. The d5 Is only a little smaller than my Eheim 1100 series pump and it is also noisier at a lower flow rate.

The mcp50x is quite small and im still considering it given the reviews on noise/flow/pressure.

The MCP50X is some of the newest tech on the market, it's a refined version of the MCP35X.
Very good equipment, you won't be disappointed by it.

Also, the power draw for the flow/pressure you get is much better than a D5 or other older units.

The reservoir options are quite limited for the mcp50x but its quiet, small and powerful. Its pricing is very tempting. Im hoping to pick 2 up for a dual pump system ive been thinking about but i need to finish the one im working on now first.

The reservoir options are quite limited for the mcp50x but its quiet, small and powerful. Its pricing is very tempting. Im hoping to pick 2 up for a dual pump system ive been thinking about but i need to finish the one im working on now first.

Unfortunately, at the moment they don't have a dual top solution for the MCP-50x but they might be working on one since I last spoke to a swiftech rep recently.

i dont need a dual top, I would be quite happy just to put them next to each other. If they come out with a nice acrylic dual top though then that would just be a big bowl of awesome sauce but I still probably wont have the cash laying around to buy it.

I have 3 kids and a wife... i dont get "spare money". I currently try to save a little of my VA disability each month and use that to buy parts here and there.

Back