• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Omega 2.5.04 drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ixnay said:

Have you tried to use rivatuner to apply the softmod to the official ATI 3.10's?

I downloaded Riva Tuner, but it looks like it's only for Nvidia cards. I haven't read up on it enough to figure it out.

It's simple

Download ATI 3.10's.
Extract the contents of ATI 3.10's to a folder.
Get Rivatuner from here install and fire it up.
Click on "power user" then at the buttom "patch scripts" navigate to your rivatuner\patch scripts\ati\softr9x00" directory and select the file that corresponds to your OS (for xp select the win2k).
A window will pop up, hit continue, navigate to the directory where you unpacked ATI 3.10's and find ati2mtag.sys (you may need to change "files of type" from ati2mtag.sys to ati2mtag.sy_) you will get a warning just hit yes.

Goto your ATI 3.10's folder and run setup.exe to install softmoded official Cats.

You can also use the "main" tab and goto "customize" then "low level settings" to adjust your core and mem clocks.

ixnay said:
It's simple

Download ATI 3.10's.
Extract the contents of ATI 3.10's to a folder.
Get Rivatuner from here install and fire it up.
Click on "power user" then at the buttom "patch scripts" navigate to your rivatuner\patch scripts\ati\softr9x00" directory and select the file that corresponds to your OS (for xp select the win2k).
A window will pop up, hit continue, navigate to the directory where you unpacked ATI 3.10's and find ati2mtag.sys (you may need to change "files of type" from ati2mtag.sys to ati2mtag.sy_) you will get a warning just hit yes.

Goto your ATI 3.10's folder and run setup.exe to install softmoded official Cats.

You can also use the "main" tab and goto "customize" then "low level settings" to adjust your core and mem clocks.

i have used this method on both the 3.8's and the 3.9's and it works just fine.also my bro-in-law used this method to disable ati antioverclocking protection and he was able to overclock his locked 9700 pro

Great! If I have time later today, I'll definately give it a try. If it doesn't work either, I'll just go back to the regular 3.10.

Mustanley said:
Have you tried any opengl games like RTCW:ET or Quake3?

I don't have any of those games. I'll have to look and see if I have any openGL games.

You can download Enemy Territory for free and try it out.
I think there is also an OpenGL benchmark made by Vulpine that can be downloaded.

Back