• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opinions on ASRock 990FX Extreme9 MoBo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What you guys should aim for is something close to your CPU voltage setting in bios. I know the LLC settings don't work like mine do but you need to find a setting that maybe bumps the volts slightly under load. I know when I set my LLC to ultra ant the CPU it will add.025v to my settings. See what I'm laying down?? You have to narrow down the volts needed for your OC . I would stick with the last setting you mentioned Blaylock at 75% you know you get a .0125v increase under load. the wide variance in voltage is too hard to work with.

I agree fully with "johan45". It takes some work and trial and test from different perspectives. What works for one in general will work for another, but not by just using the same numbers in the settings.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=122372&d=1359340709
I thought I had shown this somewhere. A good board with careful adjustment will just about run under load with the very voltage you have set in bios. But it takes some thorough testing.

If you look at that linked image you will see a Max of 1.404Vcore and a Min of 1.392Vcore and in use 1.404Vcore. That is only the difference of one increment in bios. For that CHV the Vcore moves in 0.0125V increments. The Vcore movement is only that 0.0125 and fully acceptable all around.

However I have actually gone to the Offset Vcore Mode for my cpu and that makes it easier in my mind to get it zeroed down to that last little bit I have in use now. You don't have to use Offset Vcore Mode to zero it in but it just now seems a little easier to me since I have done it a number of times with a few different cpus,.
RGone...

Back