• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opt 165 steppings from who?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Iv always wished that when peaple announced their purchase of a Processor and its stepping, they would also say where they got it, its a good way for peaple to decide when and where to take a chance on a good stepping, so in short, I think this thread is a good Idea

sounds like monarch is the place to buy from?

edit: can someone also link me too the page with the coupons on it? I can't find it.

Last edited:
not necessarily....... get a ccbwe 607 and you'll find out why it's not. It's luck of the draw no matter how you look at it.

Ordered on Wednesday, Monarch threw in free 2 day overnight, got my CCBBE 0610DPMW today. Will have results up whenever eVGA gets around to sending my 7900GTX to me. Might as well look into a DFI expert to replace my eVGA KN41, and possibly getting a water cooling system.

sky1 said:
sounds like monarch is the place to buy from?

edit: can someone also link me too the page with the coupons on it? I can't find it.

I have read people have recently gotten 610, 607 ,551 from monarch, you might want to wait until there is a clear flow of 610s or better stepping. keep track of the cyber deal forum, fatwallet, or hardforum for the coupon codes. Monarch seem to continually run and update these deals so there is no rush.

yeah I don't plan to build it until the beginning of summer so I will definitely wait and see if I can up my chances on getting a good one

My 608 is dual prime stable now at 2925(325x9) @1.5volt @57C on air. It will do a couple minute at 2970 @ 58-59C . Next week I will be switching to water, high speed fan is getting to me. Heat is the only thing hold back this cpu from going to 3000

Seem that 608 is more consistent with OC than the 610, Question is where can you still get a 608?

I just received my Opteron 165 from Monarch. Ordered Saturday, rec'd today.

CCBBE-0610 DPMW

I haven't tested it yet because I'm still waiting for my replacement mobo and PSU. I post the results as soon as the rig is back up.

I just got my 165 from Monarch as well as a result of the coupon deal which was awsome. $275 for an OEM 165 - 0610 DPMW. I still need faster and better ram to OC this puppy but I will be watercooling it right from the start. I already have the DFI Lanparty UT NF4 mobo and a decent PSU with a high 12 volt rail but I still need some more stuff to play with this CPU and break it in right. :beer:

Sounds like you are getting GOOD Opterons deals. Good job on that. Like to see some quick results too. I have my Opteron running at 2.7 Ghz. Can't push it to 2.8 because I don't have water cooling.

I just got my CCBBE 0610DPMW from Monarch. Ordered it this past Sunday night. Cannot test until My PSU gets back from RMA :confused:

Do these oc any differently from singlecore opterons? they run a lot hotter than single cores right?

bumsquad said:
Do these oc any differently from singlecore opterons? they run a lot hotter than single cores right?

Singles will OC a little more usually, but not much. They do run a little warmer because its like 2 cores in 1.

Back