• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opt 165 steppings from who?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm thinking about ordering one today, it sounds like there has been a flow of 0610s, you think I should go for it?

Well, just got my OCZ 520 back from RMA....

Installed it along with the 165 0610. I am at 2.7 on stock voltage using a 333 Divider which gives me 250 fsb. Temps are 41C using a Thermalright XP-90 (AL Version). I am going to try for 2.9+ on my next run as soon as I get some improtant info backed up.....

My 3700 San Diego was at 2.75 so I consider this a good upgrade!! :attn:

0610DPMW seems to be the latest, what is the best stock volts oc for them and the best oc with more volts?

orion25 said:
Well, just got my OCZ 520 back from RMA....

Installed it along with the 165 0610. I am at 2.7 on stock voltage using a 333 Divider which gives me 250 fsb. Temps are 41C using a Thermalright XP-90 (AL Version). I am going to try for 2.9+ on my next run as soon as I get some improtant info backed up.....

My 3700 San Diego was at 2.75 so I consider this a good upgrade!! :attn:

I am up to 310*9 with no effort (2790). My 3700 was at 2.75 so I have a winner in my mind!

No need to try for more till I play some Fear, Swat4 and COD2!!!!!!!

Interesting find with the 608 stepping for peeps with under performing 608.
The core on my 608 was not flat ,high on the center, only about 50% good contact. After lapping the core, My 608 will do 2800 stock voltage @ 43 C on air. A drop about 4-5C in temp after lapping. :cool:

jcsurg said:
Interesting find with the 608 stepping for peeps with under performing 608.
The core on my 608 was not flat ,high on the center, only about 50% good contact. After lapping the core, My 608 will do 2800 stock voltage @ 43 C on air. A drop about 4-5C in temp after lapping. :cool:

Just out of curiosity, what did you use to lap the core and how did you go about it? I've heard of people using ceramic and diamond polishing agents, but I would assume that some glass-backed 2000 grit wet-dry sand paper would get the job done too...

havent plugged her in yet, it was for a whole system build that I plan to do this weekend if I have time or next. I'll get back with info though.

Ordered a 165 today (5/4) from newegg... UPS will be delivering it tommorrow. Going to run it on an Asrock 939dual-sata2 thats also coming (need the AGP for my 6800gs). Probably going to do the vcpu mod as soon as I can verify that it posts, etc.

should have ordered from monarch with the coupon, would have been cheaper and you would have had probably a better chance at getting a good stepping

Monarch's based out of Atlanta, I'm in so-cal, so... I'm getting overnight shipping via the UPS 3day select cheapie option from newegg. Ya I know I had to pay sales tax too, so it probably would've been close either way (overnight from monarch vs 3day + sales tax from newegg).

Doesn't look like anyones tried newegg lately, so it'll at least be new info.

Ordered from Monarch today. AMD Opteron 165 Coupon Code: 42806-120339 still good. Will post stepping when it arrives.

catkicker said:
Ordered from Monarch today. AMD Opteron 165 Coupon Code: 42806-120339 still good. Will post stepping when it arrives.
good luck as yesterday I got 2 ccbwe 0607upbw chips :bang head

ouch! Yea I feel lucky, and expeirecned extreme excitement and relief when I opened the fedex box and saw 0610dpmw..I was praying

Back