• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opt 165 steppings from who?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well after getting an ccb1e 0606, ccbbe0610, ccb1e0608, ccbbe0610, ccbbe0610, and now my last 2 ccbwe0607, I guess it was only due me to get at least a few crappy steppings

toddm27 said:
well after getting an ccb1e 0606, ccbbe0610, ccb1e0608, ccbbe0610, ccbbe0610, and now my last 2 ccbwe0607, I guess it was only due me to get at least a few crappy steppings

Are you running a 165 Store? :p

toddm27 said:
good luck as yesterday I got 2 ccbwe 0607upbw chips :bang head

Thank's. My current 165's stepping is CCBWE 0550 UPMW this stepping saw alot of great OC's. I saw one on phase doing 3433.07MHz. With mine around 2550MHz. is about it. A nice overclock for a chip thats default speed is 1800MHz. Still I would like to have another great OC'ing chip. I have one of the awesome 3500+Clawhammers that does 2763MHz. on water, I have no doubt under phase it would approach 3000MHz. So I stepped up to the table and rolled the dice.

What do you do with all the old ones?

Also - what are the good 165 steppings? Looking arround the AMD section i have not seen much on it. Near as i can tell, order from monarch or newegg and prey to get a 608 or 610

I've sold all but the last 0610 and the 0607's right now, and monarch is were I got all those chips oem, and you've got pretty good chances of getting a good one as the 0607's only pop up every now and then

nothing would please me more then to open up the package and see a chip with great stepping. Still just about any chip I get should OC better then the one I have now.

Well got my 165 from newegg (ordered on 5/4), what I didn't realize is that I ended up ordering a Retail... :-/

What I got was: CCBWE 0551 UPMW

Not tried to OC it yet, and can't say I've seen other reports of that date code, tho I'm sure others here have been doing alot more looking then I. So far, only slapped the sys together enough to verify that the mobo posted with the retail heatsink (gotta know if its DOA). Then tore it all back apart, VCPU modded my Asrock, and mounted my TT Big Typhoon w/ AS5. Changed fans while I was at it to a 0.45A Sanyo Denki 120mm, vs the 0.30A factory fan--I'll eventualy get a controller for it, its not a 3 pin fan that I can attach to the motherboard and control that way.

Is that a decent stepping that anyone knows of? Or knows anything about?
*edit* I assume probably similar to the 0550s....

Last edited:
165 delivered yesterday. Stepping CCBBE 0610 DPMW. When reading how well these OC it's great to here but when you actually have one of these, well it blows my mind how they OC.

2700MHz. 1.34V trying the burn-in process. I've heard people say it does'nt work and I've heard people say it does work. Figured I would try it out and see.

Last edited:
Back