• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclock change?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jmh474

Registered
so put in a sort of a new graphics card in today only from a 210 to gtx 260 (BFG) and then i started getting BSOD and now iv reset the CPU overclock every thing seems to be OK now could this be poor overclock or fault with graphics card

Did you reinstall the drivers for the GPU? You should really do that when switching cards.

ye deleted old drivers first then installed GC then i installed new GC drivers

now iv reset the CPU overclock every thing seems to be OK now

According to what you write, you say you put in new video card and had a problem and you reset overclock (whatever that means) and now all is good. Who knows what the problem "was" for sure since two separate things had different results. But it seems you are good to go now, you say.
RGone...

Could it be that "Arctic Blue" PSU? Never heard of that brand and the 260 gpu may be overtaxing it. Rated for 750 W but cheap PSUs seldom put out what they are rated for in a sustained fashion. The 750W rating may be a "peak" power rating.

Also, you may have developed a heat problem after adding the more powerful, hotter running gpu - especially if your case ventilation is marginal. I note you have a custom case, as it were and have added fans but that doesn't necessarily make for good air flow.

Back