• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclock Phenom II X2 550

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LoUaI

hello guys
first of all i wanna say this site is awesome and i learned alot from it so thanks staff for all ur hard work

second i was wandering if i can overclock my processor Phenom II X2 550 ?
here my is my rig
uQ3JOTc.png
Xruvpbm.png
afudkJO.png

and if i want to change the mother board to something i can install Intel i5 but still works with my Ram (DDR2) and my gfx card what would u recommand me ?

34 views and no answer
ah guys little help over here :p

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=596023
That is the guide you will use to overclock your PII. With that motherboard you should have an "ACC core unlock" option, which may net you an extra two cores. To my knowledge, all dual core PII's were just quad cores that failed specifications at the factory and were sold as dual cores. It would be worth your time to just see if you can run it stable as a quad core, and then overclock from there (however, note that unlocking breaks all core temp sensor capability, so DO NOT jump straight to overclocking if you unlock two cores).

Start with that.

Also, to answer your second question. i series processors address DDR3, not DDR2. So that's a no go.

His first CPUz shows the stepping as C3 and they are not known to unlock. The 550BE C2 is known to unlock other hidden/disabled cores.

Your only choice for overclocking is the FSB method. Since that processor is a NON Black edition and LOCKED multi, your options are limited. One option to be exact. Today I overclocked an Athon II X2 245 from the stock 2.9 to 3.31ghz by using the FSB OC. Only required one slight voltage bump on the cpu. This is using the stock AMD heat piped cooler and a cheap foxconn board, with one stick of DDR3 1333 (now running at 1500mhz OC)

Obviously, the cpus are slightly different but you get my drift. Slowly work your FSB up and test for reliability with the tool of your choice. Burn test, AIDA64, etc.

The only problem is the callisto cores are known to run very hot and that might limit your OC potential without proper cooling.

Your only choice for overclocking is the FSB method. Since that processor is a NON Black edition and LOCKED multi, your options are limited. One option to be exact. Today I overclocked an Athon II X2 245 from the stock 2.9 to 3.31ghz by using the FSB OC. Only required one slight voltage bump on the cpu. This is using the stock AMD heat piped cooler and a cheap foxconn board, with one stick of DDR3 1333 (now running at 1500mhz OC)

Obviously, the cpus are slightly different but you get my drift. Slowly work your FSB up and test for reliability with the tool of your choice. Burn test, AIDA64, etc.

The only problem is the callisto cores are known to run very hot and that might limit your OC potential without proper cooling.

Isn't it a black edition?http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103680

Last edited:
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/s...d.php?t=596023
That is the guide you will use to overclock your PII. With that motherboard you should have an "ACC core unlock" option, which may net you an extra two cores. To my knowledge, all dual core PII's were just quad cores that failed specifications at the factory and were sold as dual cores. It would be worth your time to just see if you can run it stable as a quad core, and then overclock from there (however, note that unlocking breaks all core temp sensor capability, so DO NOT jump straight to overclocking if you unlock two cores).

Start with that.

Also, to answer your second question. i series processors address DDR3, not DDR2. So that's a no go.
i tried to understand this but i couldn't :(
can't u simply tell me what to do exactly like 1.2 3 and boom thats it :p

what is FPS method can u please explain , don't forget am total noob at this guys . . . . so i need it as simple as possible

P.S to all
mine isn't black edition

GA-MA75GM-US2H

http://www.overclockers.com/step-guide-overclock-amd-phenom/
3 Step Guide to Overclock Your AMD Phenom << That guide is presented in a little easier to understand format for the begninner or IT seems to be so.

I copied those 4 lines from the guide above.

Stock settings: 200 * 14 = 2800 MHz

In other terms, FSB * CPU Multiplier = Speed of CPU

With the 810, I can only increase the FSB in order to overclock the CPU itself. So for this next example I will increase the FSB to create a 3010 MHz CPU or a 3.01 GHz core speed.

OC: 215 * 14 = 3010 MHz

Now I will take those 4 lines and replace the info in the 4 lines with information about you NON BE 550 cpu.

Stock settings: 200 * 15.5 = 3100 MHz

In other terms, FSB * CPU Multiplier = Speed of CPU

With the 550 NON BE, I can only increase the FSB in order to overclock the CPU itself. So for this next example I will increase the FSB to create a 3255 MHz CPU or a 3.25 GHz core speed.

OC: 210 * 15.5 = 3255 MHz

Now that is about as simple an explanation of how to increase your cpu speed from stock 3.1Ghz to an overclocked 3.25Ghz. Is your cpu capable of speeding up that much without changing voltage to the cpu and perhaps lowering some of the other 4 buss speeds so they TOO are not overclocked out of spec and no longer is bootable. No one knows but you have to try at your end and make the actual determination.

There really is NO do 1, 2, and 3 and overclocked and off to gaming. That is why well written guides and tutorials can be very important.

Back