• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocked FX-6300

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice one Rog, now rerun Aquamark at that speed. Ha ha

Good thing you said something Rog, I think I missed that one for the standings. Thanks :thup:

ok folks its been awhile now since I posted on this post after giving up on this , I thought I would ask someone else so I went to XS and as there I have done everything from both Forums that everyone has Suggested and

wow now that was fun , NOT , anyways I tried everything from what you guys suggested and the only darn thing that work was updating the darn Bios now I have it @ 2200 4.6Ghz and typing works

but now another problem came into play , when I check CPUID CPU-Z and HWiNFO its only showing my NB Freq @ 2000

That's great Roger, I'm pretty sure we suggested the bios at one point but hey. Doesn't really matter now, right? So what's next? 2400??

That's great Roger, I'm pretty sure we suggested the bios at one point but hey. Doesn't really matter now, right? So what's next? 2400??
well if I was said I must of missed it , but the only thing im worried about if its set in the bios @ 2200 but CPUz doesn't see it and still showing 2000 is it taking

DSCN0406[1].JPG 2000.png

That's a good question Roger. Are you getting the right core speed? Almost like it didn't save it.

That's a good question Roger. Are you getting the right core speed? Almost like it didn't save it.

No the core Speed is fine np with that

right but every time I do into the Bios to check it , its showing 2200

Did you clear the CMOS after the bios update ? If you didn't you should.

Did you clear the CMOS after the bios update ? If you didn't you should.

no I didnt but I know it reset everything cause all my pre-sets were wiped , but I will do that I just got to remember how its been along time
my Old MSI board had a button to clear it but this board don't have one

I know what my bios says about my CHV-z...

...so I just used this app to double check and ensure what the app would say or lie. It is not lieing on my mobo.

I am using the 64bit portable version where you unzip and make your own shortcut to the desktop so it is n0t installed. I am not suggesting to use this program unless your motherboard will show the correct CPU_NB speed on this program. Sort of using this to double-check to see if the CPU_NB is really moving. I fear it is n0t. But a second opinion is always a plus. Sure you could use the installer version, but I often try stuff before returning to the standard here in the AMD forum sections since it is more easily read for what we want to see and not have to scroll down thru a bunch of un-necessary stuff.

HWiNFO64 v4.50

RGone...

MyHWiNFO64_V450.jpeg

ok here is what mine is saying RGone , as I checked the bios and its still saying 2200

nb cLOCKS.png

Sadly...

...if you want a fully working bios; I think you need another type mobo.

RGone...

aMyHWiNFO64_V450.jpeg

EDIT:
It might be that you can lower the cpu multiplier and raise the HT Ref Freq aKa Bus Freq and get the CPU_NB to move upward for some extra performance. I hate giving away CPU_NB speed if I do not have to because raised CPU_NB is what the ram communicates with the CPU across.

But if a board or whatever will not cooperate...you settle for what you can get or change hardware.
END EDIT.

my NB does work ,HWiNFO32 and CPUz doesn't see it if I raise it to 2200, but if I raise the HT Ref Freq from 200 to 205 it shows on HWiNFO32 and CPUz as 2050 so its does move

The CPU_NB multiiplier does not work and is stuck at 10x. That is why I suggested trying raising the FSB and thus getting the CPU_NB to go higher. Most CPU_NB can be changed over a range of 10x thru 13x and some maybe have one multiplier lower than 10x. Your CPU_NB seems oddly stuck at only 10x.

RGone...

Back