• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking AMD 6300 FX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No,i'm not going to use multiple cards.I'm just thinking of asrock,cause in the future maybe i change the cpu,and i see that supports the 9xxx series.On paper it seems to be better than the gigabyte!

For the next two years,i think i'll stay with my 6300 FX.Maybe it's going to be just 8370 later and not one from the 9xxx series,just thoughts.Do you approve the asrock for the rig i have now?

I still think you'd be better off with the Giga board TBH

My order of motherboard based on what we HAVE SEEN in these forums is like they are listed below. We have n0t seen any results for the Asrock 970 Fatal Performance board. But if you like it and are willing to do the majority of the legwork about overclocking...then get it and try it. We know nothing about it though so you are sort of on your own. We have no clue how the bios acts, but we know a LOT about the M5A97 EVO.

http://www.skroutz.gr/s/2355105/Asus-M5A97-EVO-R2-0.html

http://www.skroutz.gr/s/4046503/Gigabyte-970A-UD3P.html

http://www.skroutz.gr/s/6042100/Asrock-Fatal1ty-970-Performance.html

RGone...

I would recommend ASUS Sabertooth 990FX r2.0 for some good overclocking. I have had luck overclicking my FX-8150 and FX-8350 with revision 1.0 and 2.0.

...or will buy from as I understand it. He is not in the Usa. Sabertooth board is nOt listed at that site for AM3+ AMD motherboards.

http://www.skroutz.gr/c/31/motherbo...html?order_dir=asc&price_min=80&price_max=120

Hale yes, if the SaberKitty was shown, it would be my FIRST choice if planning to overclock a snail.

RGone...

Oh i see, in that case I would say the Asus M5A97 R2.0 or Gigabyte one that everyone has been recommending. I don't recall if that Asus board is an 8+2 phase or not.

Oh i see, in that case I would say the Asus M5A97 R2.0 or Gigabyte one that everyone has been recommending. I don't recall if that Asus board is an 8+2 phase or not.
It's 6+2 and should be good for a mild OC.

I found it on the site he listed but it's expensive http://www.e-shop.gr/asus-sabertooth-990fx-r20-p-PER.522970

I don't know how you found it. It all looked Greek to me. He had AM3+ checked and Asus, Giga, MSI and so forth checked and there were even less boards today when looking than last week sometime. Oh well, it was there but he had set limit last time of 120 somethings in monies. So he is not going for the biggie.

Sometimes I just do not understand things. The motherboard and power supply are the very life of a setup and that is where so much going cheap happens. Now if one is absolutely realistic, then things can become less expensive, but we have far more people come to this forum with AMD stuff that the parts are way too cheap to even mention the word overclock about their system. Use as AMD designed...well I believe so, but not with the word overclock.

RGone...

You have a point of course and i respect what you say,but that's all the money i can spend!Also,i don't want to manage some extreme o/c,just normal things!
Anyway,i just oredered the asrock 970 fatal1ty performance.It's a 2014 model and i think it HAS to manage what it promises.I can't imagine it can be worse than a gigabyte 970 ud3p or an asus evo,at least it has to be equal as a newer model!

Last edited:
Mrlifeguard

You have a point of course and i respect what you say,but that's all the money i can spend!Also,i don't want to manage some extreme o/c,just normal things!Can understand money. Like I said if REAL in understanding that many boards claim something since they all run the same cpu does not mean in practice they will all work one just like another. IF they all worked alike, then why ask us about what to buy? I mean 'really'! It is because some boards are just better at doing the overclock on FX processors and especially the 6 and 8 core ones.

Anyway,i just oredered the asrock 970 fatal1ty performance.It's a 2014 model and i think it HAS to manage what it promises.Whether it does what it promises will be totally on you since we have no earthly idea how that board works. What its' bios looks like nor what settings are available in bios. So if it gives issues, resolving issues will fall right in your lap. We have no baseline of what if's for that board. Just a real fact. You overclock them all by raising multiplier or FSB and then adding enough voltage to make it stable and keep it cool enough not to burn up. How readily the newer Asrock can do that will be up to you to determine. Just no 100s or more users of that board to make up our baseline of helps we have for the other boards.

I can't imagine it can be worse than a gigabyte 970 ud3p or an asus evo,at least it has to be equal as a newer model! Like said already, if they were all equal there would be no reason to ask an opinion on what is best. They are not all equal no matter when made. Period.

Now how it works in getting forum help. We offer help based on personal experiences, most of the time. When we have seen 1,000+ Asus AM3+ mobos we have a much wider base of issues to draw fixes from. We have seen 100s of bios shots posted to let us view what each bios version may offer that was not in previous version. Without bios captures posted to the forum for us to see what a bios is offering by menu...well nothing we can say much.

I stated earlier that the 990FX Fatal1ty KILLER board by Asrock has no CPU_LLC in the bios and it should have. (I bet the board you bought does not have CPU_LLC in bios either) I will say the standard non-adjustable CPU_LLC did fairly good for one user in here until the board failed and he bought an Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 and he then said he thought his Asrock Fatal1ty KILLER board would overclock, but now he knew it did not begin to compare to his new Sabertooth. That from a real user in these forums.

So when we have to buy with monies only or mostly in mind then there are real-life compromises that will happen. Read your manual closely. Look in the bios and see what is there since we have NO clues. Find your manual adjustment for cpu multiplier and cpu voltage control. Check and test them out. Do your homework since we have not seen the board you bought in our helps library. And very most in mind is, good luck and happy computering with your new rig.

RGone...

You have a point of course and i respect what you say,but that's all the money i can spend!Also,i don't want to manage some extreme o/c,just normal things!
Anyway,i just oredered the asrock 970 fatal1ty performance.It's a 2014 model and i think it HAS to manage what it promises.I can't imagine it can be worse than a gigabyte 970 ud3p or an asus evo,at least it has to be equal as a newer model!

That looks to be a sweet board, and pretty. Hope everything works out for you with it. I almost ended up getting that board but happen to get a great deal with a friend on the one I have now. Good Luck!

Thanx for the wishes!I hope it's gonna be a solid motherboard.As soon as i get it i'll write back.I respect every word you say,since you know so much on computers and especially in o/c,just i picked the asrock cause i want to try something different and new.So,let's see what happens!

I don't know how you found it. It all looked Greek to me.
RGone...

Boy aren't we a funny one today. :rofl:

Thanx for the wishes!I hope it's gonna be a solid motherboard.As soon as i get it i'll write back.I respect every word you say,since you know so much on computers and especially in o/c,just i picked the asrock cause i want to try something different and new.So,let's see what happens!

IIRC it was Bob4933 that had the fatality and I think it worked fairly well for him. It's demise came when his PSU failed and killed it. I'm sure it'll work out fine and be a learning experience for all of us.:thup:

ASRock is not a new motherboard producer. While it is true they haven't been in the business of producing enthusiast level motherboards as long as Asus, ASRock has been putting them out for quite a few years now. And before that, they were an OEM division of Asus. Notice the similarity in their names.

Back