• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD FX 6300 major heating issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blaze88

Registered
Hi everyone I'm new to this site and forum seen a lot of good advice here. Here's my system
Mobo : MSI 990FXA GD65 V3.1 (MS7640)
CPU : AMD Vishera/Piledriver FX 6300 6 core @ 3.8Ghz
Ram : 1 x Adata DDR3 8Gb 1600MHz
GPU : MSI R9 270X 2Gb OC Gaming @ Gpu clock : 1110MHz & mem : 1400MHz
PSU : Aerocool VP550W
Chasis : Zalman ZM Z1 (2 x 120mm front intake, 1 x 120mm exhaust)
My problem is this when I run GTA V my CPU temp goes up to 75 degrees celsius and my graphics card (gpu) reaches 80 degrees celsius ! Things are getting way too hot seeing as even if I run my cpu and gpu at stock speeds the temperatures are the same :O please could anyone help ?

What cooler?
What ambient temperature?

Sounds like you don't have enough case airflow either, can you post a picture of your cable management?

Also, that PSU is a ticking time bomb.

Ambient temp is 30 degrees using the stock CPU cooler provided by AMD the fan spins upto 5000 RPM at this point there's a buzzing noise that comes from the fan. I'm sorry using a mobile can't post pics yet:(, as for the Psu well I'm definitely going to upgrade to a rated modular 600w as CPU Coolers go I had my eye on a Arctic Freezer A30 not sure if its gona fit in my sucky case though

- - - Updated - - -

Tried turning up the fan speed up on the graphics card and the minute I do so the CPU temp starts to exceed 75 degrees

Ambient temp is 30 degrees using the stock CPU cooler provided by AMD the fan spins upto 5000 RPM at this point there's a buzzing noise that comes from the fan. I'm sorry using a mobile can't post pics yet:(, as for the Psu well I'm definitely going to upgrade to a rated modular 600w as CPU Coolers go I had my eye on a Arctic Freezer A30 not sure if its gona fit in my sucky case though

Ambient means room temperature.

Don't overclock on the stock cooler.

You can post pictures from the mobile app for this forum.

Ask if the PSU is good before buying, please. Also, there's a list that's stickied in our power supply section that has tried and true units.

pics of my system

Here's the pics of my system untidy cables even though there's cable management I deeply regret this case

Attachments

• Z-Front00914.jpg
    Z-Front00914.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 196
Also remvoed the back exhaust fan and added a 200mm fan and an older CPU fan I think its 50mm in the 5 inch cage

If your room is 30 degrees Celsius then you really just need to get a better CPU cooler and a case with proper airflow.
It takes a lot to keep these FX chips cooled down.

Your GPU temps are fine, and the cable management is decent.

Here's the pics of my system untidy cables even though there's cable management I deeply regret this case

Put the 120 mm fan back in and remove that 200 mm fan that you strapped on the outside of the case. Its doing absolutely nothing useful hanging there not even lined up with the vent holes. Also the drive bays are pretty much negating any airflow from the front 120 mm fan that they are blocking. Get a legitimate cpu cooler. I would say you literally have no airflow at all in your case.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the help guys, I really need a new case with proper airflow, CPU cooler and PSU. I'm thankful for all the advice if I didn't subscribe then my rig wouldve just broken like my previous one did.

Back