• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Symba

hi, im Neil and i just started here.i just wanna know some things. :p

i have AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ 2.400 GHZ and i overclocked it till 2.89 GHZ.
My Temperature is stable, i have 41 to 42 cpu temp. but my problem is when i overclocked it till 2.9+ Ghz. i experience Hang's, sometimes bsod. i just wanna know if i can still overclocked it till 3.00+ ghz without bsod or other errors ?

we need more info...
cpu-z screenshots, hardware monitor, system details...
also are you testing for stability if so how?

It might be possible to overclock that CPU to 3.0 ghz if you can keep it cool and if you can lower the RAM and the HT Link/NB frequency bit. Oftentimes it's the secondary buses like that cause the instability.

As boucher91 said, we need more information about your motherboard make and model, RAM make and speed and amount. And as he said you need to monitor your temps. High temps are a common cause of instability.

Please give us more hardware info and then download and install these three programs: HWMonitor (non pro version) CPU-z and Prime95 to facilitate frequency, voltage and temp reporting and to test for stability. Let us know when you have done that.

Back