• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking Athlon II x250 with Asus M5A78L-M LX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Has anyone noticed he is running 1.5v for his vcore? that is likely why he has high temps at stock.

He and we know the Vcore was at 1.5 as that is the amount he 'tried' in order to get a decent overlock. Thanks.

He is now going to get a decent motherboard and cpu and power supply, oh and yes a good case. Things are on the upgrade path.

He and we know the Vcore was at 1.5 as that is the amount he 'tried' in order to get a decent overlock. Thanks.

He is now going to get a decent motherboard and cpu and power supply, oh and yes a good case. Things are on the upgrade path.

Yeah, thanks :D

One more question, 6850 or 7770?
Also, would upgrading to some corsair RAM benefit me?

Corsair possibly makes the highest quality ram and it generally overclocks well but in your case overclocking the ram is not something you should do because your CPU IMC could not take advantage of it. I would put the money elsewhere rather than just change ram brands.

Okay, thanks but according to Komputerbay their RAM does not work with AM3+ Processors, so when I get an FX 6100 I'll have to change my RAM anyways.

I would be surprised if it didn't work with the FX-6100 but what you need to know is that The FX CPUs will easily run ram at 1866 mhz so if you are going to an FX in the near future you should upgrade the ram or you will be taking a performance hit using the old 1333 ram. You would want to upgrade to ram rated for at least 1866 mhz.

Back