• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking Athlon II x250 with Asus M5A78L-M LX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OK, I'm sorry about that, I'll remember that now.

Basically I cannot get the FSB to go over 220, even with the CPU at 1.5v and the NB Voltage at 1.25. I will screenshot my CPU-Z Tabs now, let me just set the FSB back to 220.

Try manually inputting the timings you see in the CPU-z "SPD" tab under JEDEC #1, including a Command Rate of 1T.

How?

When i go to the DRAM config settings in the BIOS I can only change one setting, which I already did to set RGone's RAM timings.

This config still doesnt work

FSB: 225
CPU/NB Freq: 1125
CPU Voltage: 1.500000
VDDNB Voltage: 1.225000
Loadline Calibration: Auto [???????]
HT Link Speed: 1125
RAM Speed: 533

There's so many options that I'll take a screenshot, just a sec

Number 16? I tried that and it still didn't work :\

Number 16? I tried that and it still didn't work :\

The setting process of ANY menu item can and often is trial and error. You have to take some iniative to do some testing. We do not and most likely never ever will have that motherboard. You have it at your end. Test some LLC settings and see if any work out.

Last edited:
Those are percentages. 16.125% voltage increase under load. LLC supplements the CPU voltage under heavy load and that helps with stability without having to run that high voltage 24/7 when you don't need it.

I've done some figuring. Actually, try 6.45% increase in LLC. That's more reasonable. 16.125% would put your vcore too high under load. Then run Prime again with HWMonitor open and let's see what the max vcore that produces is.

OK, I put the LLC at 6.45 (FSB at 220) and I'll run Prime95 now.

ive had one of them damn chips that would not even go up one notch on the fsb ever, was my second AMD ever and last one lol i want to say it was a 2800+? something like that. sometimes i think they just wont go :(

ive had one of them damn chips that would not even go up one notch on the fsb ever, was my second AMD ever and last one lol i want to say it was a 2800+? something like that. sometimes i think they just wont go :(

Damn :cry:

BTW Trents, while running the Prime95 test I don't see the "CPU VCORE" rising or falling in voltage, if that's what you want to see...

Damn :cry:

BTW Trents, while running the Prime95 test I don't see the "CPU VCORE" rising or falling in voltage, if that's what you want to see...

Have HWMonitor open before you start Prime95. You should see a difference between max and min vcore. If you don't, either the LLC isn't working or you are already maxed out at 1.5 and the LLC has nothing to contribute.

What is the highest stable overclock you have been able to achieve to this point? I would suggest going back to that. I would have expected more out of that system but no matter what we adjust we can't seem to break through. Maybe the CPU is just not from a good batch. Maybe your PSU is holding you back and even if it isn't I would suggest you target that as your next upgrade as a cheap no name PSU can go out and take other components with it.

Back