• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking fx 8120 with CM Hyper 212 evo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mak1290

Registered
i am having cooler master hyper 212 evo.I am going to buy Amd fx 8120 cpu, i wanna know how much i can overclock fx 8120 with this cpu cooler . plz tell me soon.. :confused::confused:

How much? We can't tell you that. That depends on your ability, your chip quality, your mobo, your fans/case, your ambient temps.

Your welcome to go to our AMD chip forum and read TONS of posts and see what others have got.

There is no easy answer.

Conumdrum,Thanks for ur reply.Let me tell u this too what other hardwares i am going to use with FX8120.
Motherboard- Asus M5A97-Pro
CPU- AMD FX 8120
Cabinet- Cooler Master Elite 430 with 6 120mm fans.
CPU Cooler- CM Hyper 212 Evo
Ram- G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 1600mhz 8GB (2 x 4 GB)(F3-12800CL9S-4GBXL)
HDD- WD Caviar Blue 1TB 32mb cache,7200rpm
SMPS- Corsair TX650 V2
GPU- Sapphire Radeon HD 5670 1GB DDR5

You have specs similar to me, but I'm going to say, buy your 8120 before you count your chickens. I'm in the process of getting 4.6ghz stable, it's still hard to justify what you will get from your OC. 4.2/4.3ghz for sure, but I don't know if you can get any higher. But yea, get your 8120 if you havn't done so yet. And come back to this thread and we will help. Some chips get 5ghz without to much stress, others barely get 4.5....

The Hyper 12+ Evo is a little over-matched by the 8 core FX CPUs so don't expect a high overclock.

The Hyper 12+ Evo is a little over-matched by the 8 core FX CPUs so don't expect a high overclock.

No disrespect man, but what do you consider a "high overclock" I got 4.4ghz/4.5ghz without to much of a hiccup, just curious, because people have gotten a 5ghz OC on a 2600k, yes the 8120/8150 generate a good amount of heat, but I believe it is attainable to get 4.5ghz or so.

I have an 8120 with the Hyper 212+ and it will reach 65C at full load of Prime95 @ 3.5GHz. Unfortunately, it will throttle down when it hits that (even though settings are where it shouldn't do that), and I am unable to overclock it anywhere past 3.5 so that's all the info I can give

No disrespect man, but what do you consider a "high overclock" I got 4.4ghz/4.5ghz without to much of a hiccup, just curious, because people have gotten a 5ghz OC on a 2600k, yes the 8120/8150 generate a good amount of heat, but I believe it is attainable to get 4.5ghz or so.

Well, maybe I'm wrong. Just seems like most people need a Noctua D14 or H100 to get those kind of clocks with the FX eight cores. Of course, individual CPUs will clock higher than the average.

Well CrustyButt,i am going to recive my kit Motherboard- Asus M5A97-Pro
CPU- AMD FX 8120 by tomorrow.There was stock problem with the seller frm m purchasing.Atleast i want that i can run fx8120 permanently at 4ghz with CM Hyper 212 evo.I hope i'll..I'll ask here if got any problem..

Hey,i've seen a post bu Clodheaven..Its this..

Now i'm running 8120 at stock (3.1 ghz), I've disabled the TurboBoost feature
in the BIOS that caused me the overheat at the cpu, and I changed the
cooler for one better suited to my fx8120, an Arctic Cooling Freezer 13,
previously I was on Arctic Cooling PRO64, now the temps are these:

Core Temps
Idle: 24/25C°
Load: 48/50C°

Socket Temps
Idle: 36/38C°
Load: 59/60C°

Unfortunately my problem is the heat of the room, which is constantly around 30C°.
The case is already completely open.

His specs r similsr to me.n room temp too,my room goes around 25to30deg C..
Its disappointing me n m hesitating to buy fx8120 2mrw..

Last edited:
Back