• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking FX6300

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sheremy01

Registered
Ok I have a fx6300 and a ga78lmt-usb3 motherboard. The board is 4+1 power phase. In your opinion how much voltage would you be comfortable with running day 16hrs a day? I have had it up to 1.44 on the vcore for 4.4GHz and it passed a 2hr prime95 test.

sheremy, everything that was said to you on your last few threads still holds true. Keep the temps in check below 70 on the cpu/socket and 62 on the package and you'll be fine. 1.44 is not a ton of volts and if the temps are good you should be fine.

Ok, I have no way of seeing vrm temps, so I wanted to make sure my motherboard could take the voltage. Sorry if I have become a pest.

Ok, I have no way of seeing vrm temps.

Most of us that push our non-entry level mobos with 8 core FX processors, never worry about the VRM temps. I have used an infrared thermometer before and about 120F is what I saw. Let me go find and convert that to C.

Ahah 120F was about 50c but that is with a fan blowing on the heatsink. So honestly I have never given a second thought to the temp of the VRM on my CHV mobo.

One other thought that some of these guys have shared over time is that HoT VRMs usually translate to HoT cpu socket temps to some extent. So knowing I have my socket temps in hand makes me even more confident that I have no heat issues with my VRM.
RGone...

Ok, I realize my motherboard isn't high end, but it does have heatsinks on the vrm and I put a 40mm fan on it. Can't hurt. One other question, I set the vcore to 1.3275 in bios and cpu-z and monitor show vcore 1.45. Why is this? I will upload screen shots after this next test.

Ok, I realize my motherboard isn't high end, but it does have heatsinks on the vrm and I put a 40mm fan on it. Can't hurt. One other question, I set the vcore to 1.3275 in bios and cpu-z and monitor show vcore 1.45. Why is this? I will upload screen shots after this next test.

The user that posted this in the link I am giving below says it in a nutshell. It is going to likely be that way with the weaker VRM circuit.
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7410053&postcount=5

RGone...

Ok, during testing my Northbridge temp hit 68C. I have a 60mm fan on it, but I think I need to switch out the thermal paste. Could someone give me advice on how this is done? My heatsink is one of those that has plastic pegs I think. Do I just push on them to pop out? When I put it back on do I push till the pop in place?

I doubt that will help the temps a whole lot TBH, but if you're going to do it pop the pins out and refasten with decent hardware like a bolt and nut and a couple nylon/plastic washers.

Back