• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking help...w/ vcore

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I doubt 3.7 is anywhere near maxing that chip :)

What are the memory settings?

memory ratio is 2.4 which is 996 I think. When I went above 3.7 it continued to reboot.

I even went to .3 on the RAM, currently set to .2.

I also went to 1.5 in the BIOS which is 1.45 in CPU-Z, and it still would reboot. If I set the BIOS to 1.55, that would be 1.48 in CPU-Z, it still rebooted, and the temps went over 70c

Plus Coretemp showed 69 to 70c in temps, so I was a little concerned, so I backed it down..

3.7 rock stable, and oced my video card, seems good.

So you're only running your mem at DDR2-996? 2.4 is a weird multiplier, is that 2:4 aka 1:2 or 1:2.4? Remember the memory takes the bus speed after the ratio and then doubles it.

I would keep your ratio at 1:1 while your trying to find how far your CPU can go. This way you can be more certain when it fails that it was caused by your CPU. You shouldn't need to give any more voltage than stock to the mem as you if you keep a 1:1 ratio for now.

What are your temps like now? Have you ran prime95?

Yeah, keep your RAM at 1:1 for now (should be 2.0 in your BIOS), and keep the timings loose 5-5-5-15. You can tighten it up later once you get your CPU where you want it.

If more vcore doesn't seem to help you go higher try some other settings like NB & FSB voltage.

Ah...saw those too.. Also .1, .2, and .3 intervals... I think my RAM timings are something crazy like 5-6-6-18

Don't forget your memory is rated at 2.1-2.3 volts. Stock is 1.8, so even at +.3, you were only just giving it the minimum suggested voltage for higher speeds. I would set your RAM voltage to +.4 and 1:1 multi, that way you are taking the memory out of the equation. The CPU should easily go higher..

This is assuming it's the OCZ stuff in your sig. At the bottom of their spec page, it says don't exceed 2.1v if it's listed on the module label. Is it? http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/memory/ocz_ddr2_pc2_8500_sli_ready_edition_dual_channel

Don't forget your memory is rated at 2.1-2.3 volts. Stock is 1.8, so even at +.3, you were only just giving it the minimum suggested voltage for higher speeds. I would set your RAM voltage to +.4 and 1:1 multi, that way you are taking the memory out of the equation. The CPU should easily go higher..

This is assuming it's the OCZ stuff in your sig. At the bottom of their spec page, it says don't exceed 2.1v if it's listed on the module label. Is it? http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/memory/ocz_ddr2_pc2_8500_sli_ready_edition_dual_channel

Yup, that's the stuff... Only type that would work in my system... Any good?

So 4Ghz is a possibility?

Yup, that's the stuff... Only type that would work in my system... Any good?

So 4Ghz is a possibility?

Sure it is. Only need to hit 445FSB to make it to 4ghz. Try lowering the multiplier and seeing how high you can get the FSB to go..

If I drop it down to 8 then 445 give me only 3560

But it works? That tells ya the mobo, memory, and processor can handle the FSB being that high. Just a matter of finding the right settings to make it work with 9x multi..

Back