• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking i7 950, Not even stable at 3.36 ghz, Help on ocing to 4 ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
5 passes of IntelBurnTest 1 Hour of Prime 95. I will call this STABLE.. YESS!!!... Now need to make ram 1600 mhz >.> 82C Max temp.. That's a bit high.. 77C Average Full load.. Should I put my fans on high or is the temp fine. My laptop is like 90C on full load.

5 passes of IntelBurnTest 1 Hour of Prime 95. I will call this STABLE.. YESS!!!... Now need to make ram 1600 mhz >.> 82C Max temp.. That's a bit high.. 77C Average Full load.. Should I put my fans on high or is the temp fine. My laptop is like 90C on full load.
I think that's fine for full load,

Mine goes to 86 in Intel burn test and peaks at 65 when actually running games, video and music (ie. a practical load). If it goes to 80 when you do your daily work then I think it's best to turn the fan up.

Is the memory all working fine now in CPU-Z? What's the speed currently with BCLK of 191?

1 hour of Prime95 is way too short and please run at least 40 passes of IntelBurnTest.
Otherwise, prepare for game crashes.

You're making the classic n00b mistake of not running Prime95 for at least 6 hours or Linpack for at least 40 passes.
(And they wonder why they get program errors)

I think that's fine for full load,

Mine goes to 86 in Intel burn test and peaks at 65 when actually running games, video and music (ie. a practical load). If it goes to 80 when you do your daily work then I think it's best to turn the fan up.

Is the memory all working fine now in CPU-Z? What's the speed currently with BCLK of 191?

According to bios it is like 1500 or 1550.

1 hour of Prime95 is way too short and please run at least 40 passes of IntelBurnTest.
Otherwise, prepare for game crashes.

You're making the classic n00b mistake of not running Prime95 for at least 6 hours or Linpack for at least 40 passes.
(And they wonder why they get program errors)

I know, I'll run it. I'm rendering a video at the moment and no crashes. It's just that I never had been successful running more than one intelburntest and once I saw it run 5 I was like YESS!! I'll run intelburntest with all 8 gbs of ram. I'll post my BIOS specs to see if it is safe. Not sure about voltages.

What's the max QPI/Dram Core voltage I can go up to. I'm thinking my ram needs more juice, or maybe increase cpu voltage to 1.35

ram should be at 1.65, no higher really unless you're overclocking it past 1600.. that being said, keeping the timings at factory settings has a better chance of working than trying to tighten the timings up

ram should be at 1.65, no higher really unless you're overclocking it past 1600.. that being said, keeping the timings at factory settings has a better chance of working than trying to tighten the timings up

Ram is at 1.65, the clock speed is 1603 but I get it unstable so it's at 1500~1550 now. I put my vcore to about 1.31 for 4.01 ghz, 191x21. Prime95 works for 3 hours and IntelBurnTest for 10 passes but there is always one core that gets an error in like 5 minutes.

Should Speedstep be enabled? I don't want to waste money on electricity bill :/, temps reach a max of 90C on full load. Lay off the voltages? what about this thing called c1e for the cpu.

Maybe I should Install the second fan on my heatsink.. Should the fans be pushing like this

>>>>> <<<<<<<
or this <<<<< <<<<<< (same direction, I set it like this)

Back