• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking my Phenom 2 955? Odd problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
When you run Prime95, which test have you been using? Blend? Small FTTs? Large FTTs? Use the blend. It tests the ram better.

Blend: 12+ hours pass
Large FFT: 4+ hour pass (shut it down got tired)
Small: 4+ hour

It passes every single stress test I throw at it but yet within 15 minutes of playing a game it either crashes to desktop or the screen flashes white or flickers and then all of my running applications crash and give errors. Im so confused

U r confused as are we. I think kindly 'trents' asked about a sig a number of posts ago and you now show to have a yellow star underscreen name which indicates 50 posts or so.

Sigs are pretty easy. Signatures follow you in every post in the forum so your system information follows you and people know what is in the box.

Be logged in to the forum.

Across the top of the forum is a button shown as 'user cp'. Click that button.

On the page that loads are a list of options down the left side of the page.

Under the Settings & Options menu area is a Edit Signature listing. Click on that listing.

Clicking Edit Signature opens another page. In the middle of that page is where you Edit YOUR signature.

Enter your information there and at bottom of the window you are entering your signature is button for either Preview Signature or Save Signature. Do save and you will have your signature incorporated into the forum in each of your posts. Of course Preview Signature will let you see 'how' your signature would appear in the forum. But in the end the Save Signature must be clicked to save it to the forum.

You can look at my signature for a template of some good stuffz to put in one's own signature when seeking help.

Good luck man.

Done. Thanks for the help, if anyone else has any ideas please let me know

I've been gaming on it for almost a year at stock. I bumepd all the voltages up a notch and its been stable for over an hour. Will come back with results after a long session

It still happens, although less frequently. Should I try upping the NB voltage?

Bump. Hahahaha, years later and I find myself coming back to this exact same issue and setup and the same issues. I'm still trying to get 3.8ghz / 2400mhz CPU-NB. But this time with ARMA 3 :D

Back