• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking Q6600 on 780i FTW board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Burgeson

Registered
Overclocking my Q6600 GO processor on a EVGA 780i FTW board

Right now I'm sitting at 3GHz but when overclock any higher say 3.2 ghz i can’t get it stable on OCCT or prime 95 im getting freezing and bsod etc.

My current 3ghz set up:
FSB 1333
9x multiplier
333 bus

all spread spectrums, halt, speed step etc. have been disabled.

OCZ PC-8500 1066 4gb ram 5-5-5-18-2T 2.1V stock (FTW board fully supports 1066 ram)
ram is unlinked.

voltages with Vdroop (780i ftw board has built in Vdroop)

1.35 Vcore (Cpuz shows 1.328v) (core temp shows VID 1.325v)
1.35 FSB (any higher and its in the red)
2.1 Memory
1.4 Nforce SPP
1.5 Nforce MCP

GTL lanes all on auto
Default auto is:
0+
110+
0+
0+

Even if I change my Vcore to 1.41 and FSB core to 1.425 (which in the bios FSB 1.425v is highlighted in RED!!!) is that’s bad to have anything in the red highlight for voltages????? Or should i always stay in the green?
I don’t understand why I can’t go anything higher I’m on liquid GTZ apogee block and my NB is on water too., Viperjohns NB water block
Please help me!!!

Is your northbridge voltage increased? Usually that opens up a whole can of whoopass.

-D

MCP is the northbridge on my motherboard and all nivida boards. but to the answer to your question is no lol............... ty for giving me some pointers

When i had my Q6600 my 780i wouldnt do 100% stable above 3.4 to 3.5ghz.I could OC to 4.0ghz but it very unstable.Like one poster said you need to up the MCP voltage to 1.5 or so and the FSB and the #2 GTL voltage .I used 110 on mine

MCP is the northbridge on my motherboard and all nivida boards. but to the answer to your question is no lol............... ty for giving me some pointers
Actually the MCP (Media Communications Processor) is the south bridge, and the SPP (System Platform Processor) is the north bridge.

Back