• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking Ryzen 7 on Asus BIOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

humbold

My mobo is the PRIME B350-PLUS and my CPU is Ryzen 7 1700.

Questions:

1. I understand that increasing the voltage to the CPU prevents crashes but does it work the other way around as well?
Will reducing the voltage to the CPU prevent crashes?

2. I'm having a hard time locating the true voltage to the CPU using the BIOS on the ASUS mobo.
There's a display in the top right with the voltage of the CPU and then there's a display on the Advanced tab with the voltage as well.
Which one is the true voltage?

Thanks in advance

Some more information:
There's one voltage for the CPU displayed under: AI TWEAKER ---> VDDCR CPU VOLTAGE
And another voltage for the CPU displayed under: HARDWARE MONITOR ---> CORE VOLTAGE (This number fluctuates.)

Another question:
My PC is subject to fluctuating temperatures due to my location. Will water cooling keep the temperature of my CPU more stable as opposed to an air fan?

1. No
2. Maybe both.. do they match?

Whats your location? Temps will fluctuate regardless. Normal.

How about screenshots of the bios pages you are talking about? Press f12 save to usb amd then host the images here.

No they don't match.
I'm getting different reports from different programs as well.
Where in ADIA64 can I see CPU voltage?

I use HWInfo64 seems to be quite accurate with Ryzen. The voltage on these CPUs does vary alot and droops under load. This pic shows the important part of HWInfo for monitoring volts and temps

ibt  1600x.JPG

Water cooling can lower CPU core/package temps as opposed to using an air cooler but not necessarily. It depends on how big the water cooling radiator is. You just can't make a blanket statement about it.

Back