• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclocking ryzen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kaitlin4599

i am in need of a good cuide so i can learn how to overclock my ryzen 5 2600 what guides do you recommend i have a 360mm aio to cool it and an msi B450 tomahawk mobo

this is solved

Last edited:
katlin,

Please use the Go Advanced button to be able to edit the subject line and add [Solved] so it will be readily visible.

Users can add the tag SOLVED. It doesnt go in the subject line. :)

Kaitlin...how was it solved? By the link? How's your overclock? Can you give some information on what you did? This can help others who come across the thread... especially if they see a solved tag looking for a solution. ;)

Users can add the tag SOLVED. It doesnt go in the subject line. :)

Kaitlin...how was it solved? By the link? How's your overclock? Can you give some information on what you did? This can help others who come across the thread... especially if they see a solved tag looking for a solution. ;)

4Ghz all core stable set the vcote to 1.35 and upped the multi to 4.0 left ram on xmp

What's XMP for the ram? Your sig still has a w3690 and DDR3 listed.

Sounds about right for your OC, you could maybe get another 100MHz out of her without going too high (I think mine will hit around 4150MHz, but I don't remember if that was at 1.4V or 1.45V) .With your cooling I'm sure you could handle a little more vcore (may go up to 1.4V), but according to AMD it does increase the risk or likelihood of degradation. Totally understandable if that's not worth it to you. I don't run an all core OC for daily driving, just enable PBO and Go.

What's XMP for the ram? Your sig still has a w3690 and DDR3 listed.

Sounds about right for your OC, you could maybe get another 100MHz out of her without going too high (I think mine will hit around 4150MHz, but I don't remember if that was at 1.4V or 1.45V) .With your cooling I'm sure you could handle a little more vcore (may go up to 1.4V), but according to AMD it does increase the risk or likelihood of degradation. Totally understandable if that's not worth it to you. I don't run an all core OC for daily driving, just enable PBO and Go.

i fixed my signature also yues i have xmp for ram set to profile 2

So.......how's it feel?, compared to the X58 rig. :)

i still have my X58 rig gonna use it as a media pc for when im in bed to watch movie as for my ryzen 2600 snf 1660Ti i went from 82fps average on medium in shadow of the tomb raider to almost 95fps average on high so ill take it lol feels much better my ssd loads way fater and the uefi bios is need no more scrolling with arrow keys

I was ignoring the fact that GTX1660/Ti even exists but I was looking for low power and a quite well-performing card so I got the MSI GTX1660Ti (there was a promo price) for my ITX box and I'm really satisfied. I'm usually buying EVGA but their options were or long PCB or thick cooler ... both couldn't fit into my ITX box so I got MSI which is as long as space for gfx card in the case ... literally 1mm space :)
Anyway, at what screen resolution and graphics details do you get that 95FPS? I've checked my last results for memory reviews and I get 120FPS at auto benchmark settings and 1080p. Result with Ryzen 5 3600 at stock settings and mentioned GTX1660Ti.

trd1.jpg

Back