• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

olivialees12

Disabled
I am trying to OC my duron to anyting "higher" than 800MHZ, however, it does not even get to the bios screen. I have a chrome orb. My voltage at 800MHZ is 1.65. Does this mean my cpu is limited at 800MHZ?

Last edited:
We'll need more info like the motherboard you're using , memory etc.. That's a pretty old system
Maybe even include some pics of your BIOS

What is stock voltage? 1.65 volts would be dangerously high on modern processors but those old ones like you have used more volts.

Also, how much at time are you increasing the frequency? Try small increments at a time like going from 800 to 810 to start with.

Finally, you would likely need to lower the starting frequency of your RAM to give it some overhead. The frequency of the RAM will increase along with the frequency of the CPU and the RAM will likely not tolerate much of an increase over stock frequency.

Back