• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p3 650 Temperature

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kosoricz

Registered
I have an P3 running at 650 mhz/ 100 fsb. My motherboard is an asus cubX motherboard with the latest 1008 Beta 4 bios revision. My fsb cannot be changed from bios, which is not a problem. I have to set it to jumperfree mode and set my jumpers. The max amount I can go up to is 150 fsb. Before i do anything the problem appears to be with my motherboard. I really dont know if my motherboard is able to support temp sensors because in bios the temp's are 0 F and with software like mm5 it cannot detect my temperature....

Is their a way to measure temperature..like a cheap alternative anywhere within Canada preferably not buying offline but at a store? Can people with the same motherboard also reply.

Thank-You for your support.

First get the new Motherboard monitor if you don't already have the new one :
The CUBX monitoring chip is the AS99127F , and your settings should be etup like this in Motherboard monitor :

http://mbm.livewiredev.com/

The case sensor = Asus 1 and the CPUsensor = Asus 2

Then check and see if your temps are showing up . Post here again and let us know .

Wow....

Hey,

I have uninstalled my previous version of mbm5 and have installed the new version. The sensors we automatically set to what you guys had sugggested. Cpu - Asus 2 and Case - Asus 1. I have monitored for a couple of hours now at it is giving me the same reading as in my bios.

0 Celcius - Cpu
0 Celcius - Case

The average for both of these is ConStantly Zero.

I have tried running multiple games at one time and checked the average....still at 0 for both. (Cs and D2). Is their something wrong? I would think that it would change from 0 at least once...

These are the same temperature readings I got from the previous mbm5.

Thank You For Your Help

Pic1.JPG

Pic1.JPG

You are also right

You are also right about my sensor number. AS99127F

Sensor Access: SMbus 2Dh

Installed...

ok i installed cpu cool and choose my motherboard....now the temp settings and readings are

temp 1 - 0 C
temp 2 - 0 C
temp 3 - 0 C

wtf! i even stopped the heatsink fan for about 2-3 secs and let it go again...no temperature change...

about my bios...i had used the old 1005 revision of bios and about 5 weeks ago i decided to update it...
to 1009 Beta 4

1009 Beta 1
1009 Beta 2
1009 Beta 3
1009 Beta 4 thats the order of the bios that were created. i have the newest version (2001) lol. Hmm weird please help if you can people.

Everything is the same

mbm 5 reporting 0 C
bios reporting 0 C
cpucool reporting 0 C

what the....

I right now even flashed the bios back to a non beta version and still reading at 0 C in bios and everything err..help

Was MBM5 or any such software reading your temps before ? If so can you recall which bios ?

Try some bioses until you see the temperature reading showup in the bios or you may just have to go with an external soloution like a diode . I used one for a while and it served me well just be sure to attach it as close to the core as you can without getting it caught between the CPU and heatsink . Then just add 3-5 degrees to what ever temperature you get and that should fairly accurately reflect the core temperature .

Back