• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4P800 SE, 3.0E, XP-90 and artic silver 5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Juic3 said:
I see, ok Ill try an intake fan right there, that would make it 3 intake fans and 1 exhaust, or I just may try removing the 80mm thats in the front and putting it in the side, but that fans moving the air that the zalman is blowing hmmmm.

Oh I guess Ill be getting OCZ gold series PC3200 or KIngston HyperX 3200(any thoughts on this one please ? 119.99 at outpost.com), see how far I can go with low timings, will I gain much going from 3 4 4 8 to whatever I can get with the ocz, Im guessin 2.5 tops.

Guys, I really appreciate all the helpful info, thanx a bunch, youre all going to overclockers HEAVEN! :D

play with the config, change a few in and out see what happens, took me quite a few combinations before I found the best config for my system

don't know the kingstons sorry, got a link ? I can try to figure them out
the ocz should give you 2225 at ~200mhz (5:4) with 2.8v and just like Batboy said there is nothing wrong with running a divider, see my sig I'm also running 5:4
3-4-4-8 to 2225 at same speed is usually a big step and it shows, but mostly in benches :)

you are very welcome and thank you :)

D

ZL1 said:
play with the config, change a few in and out see what happens, took me quite a few combinations before I found the best config for my system

don't know the kingstons sorry, got a link ? I can try to figure them out
the ocz should give you 2225 at ~200mhz (5:4) with 2.8v and just like Batboy said there is nothing wrong with running a divider, see my sig I'm also running 5:4
3-4-4-8 to 2225 at same speed is usually a big step and it shows, but mostly in benches :)

you are very welcome and thank you :)

D

Here you go
http://shop3.outpost.com/product/3746176?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

From what youve just told me OCZ seems like a great choice.

Juic3 said:
I see, ok Ill try an intake fan right there, that would make it 3 intake fans and 1 exhaust, or I just may try removing the 80mm thats in the front and putting it in the side, but that fans moving the air that the zalman is blowing hmmmm.

You already have 2 intakes and only one exhaust fan right now? One intake is in the front which is good. Where is the other one? Also, the Zalman fan on your CPU heatsink is blowing away from the heatsink? Usually those should be blowing into the heatsink. Maybe that's the problem?

Juic3 said:
Here you go
http://shop3.outpost.com/product/3746176?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

From what youve just told me OCZ seems like a great choice.

they look decent, however the part number is old and I cant confirm what they are under the sinks or what they will do on your board

best price on the oczs , down 6 from yesterday

in the end its up to you, its $20 and at 200mhz the difference will be small between 2-3-2-6 and 2-2-2-5

D

P.S. a tip: this ram is great with timings, but it wont oc much without voltage so its best you see what fsb you will run before you choose (you can still run your current ram at 3:2 divider 260 in bios)

batboy said:
You already have 2 intakes and only one exhaust fan right now? One intake is in the front which is good. Where is the other one? Also, the Zalman fan on your CPU heatsink is blowing away from the heatsink? Usually those should be blowing into the heatsink. Maybe that's the problem?

Ok theres one at the bottom right 80mm, below the HDD and I put another one 90mm right below the DVD-RW which is at the top right, the exhaust is in the back.

The Zalman is a vf700-cu blows into the GPU core as far as I know, and on my CPU I have an xp-90 retail package that came with a panaflo and it is blowing in of course.

ZL1 said:
they look decent, however the part number is old and I cant confirm what they are under the sinks or what they will do on your board

best price on the oczs , down 6 from yesterday

in the end its up to you, its $20 and at 200mhz the difference will be small between 2-3-2-6 and 2-2-2-5

D

P.S. a tip: this ram is great with timings, but it wont oc much without voltage so its best you see what fsb you will run before you choose (you can still run your current ram at 3:2 divider 260 in bios)

I see, yeah the OCZ are bh-5, well lets say I play it at 2.8V and the top I would go would be, say 260FSB ? But Id be happy with 240, heck 3.6 Ghz is awesome to me.

Juic3 said:
Ok theres one at the bottom right 80mm, below the HDD and I put another one 90mm right below the DVD-RW which is at the top right, the exhaust is in the back.

The Zalman is a vf700-cu blows into the GPU core as far as I know, and on my CPU I have an xp-90 retail package that came with a panaflo and it is blowing in of course.

I see, yeah the OCZ are bh-5, well lets say I play it at 2.8V and the top I would go would be, say 260FSB ? But Id be happy with 240, heck 3.6 Ghz is awesome to me.

it should do 260 in 5:4 (208)
by the way its now 123 AR ! I think Im getting a set myself :)

D

LOL nice, Im ordering a set tomorrow :D

Ok! its minutes till it hits 24 hour Dual Prime95 stable ! Running at 3.5 Ghz and the temps are the same, watching closely CPu is going from 46 to 49C(mostly 47C) and MB from 26 to 29C(mostly 28), how am I doing ?

Juic3 said:
LOL nice, Im ordering a set tomorrow :D

Ok! its minutes till it hits 24 hour Dual Prime95 stable ! Running at 3.5 Ghz and the temps are the same, watching closely CPu is going from 46 to 49C(mostly 47C) and MB from 26 to 29C(mostly 28), how am I doing ?

temps are good :thup:

D

3.45 Ghz :D Ill start again when I get the new RAM :D.

prime9524h345.JPG

Ok, I got my OCZ and testing done, Im up to 3.6 ghz, with 5:4 divider and 2-2-2-5 timings with auto Vcore, temps seem the same 40-41 idle and 47-48 load.

Wouldnt go past 215 FSB with 1:1 and 2225 timings, with 2 3 2 6 it did 220, so I moved to 5:4 and these are my results so far, already passed dual prime95 27 hours :D

Now do you guys think I should go ahead for more ? I dont wanna up the vcore until I mod my case next week, when my 120mm fan comes :D I would also love to know if Im shortening the life of my CPU as it is, or does that happen only when I starting upping the vcore ?

Thanx for all the help, I cant believe Im doing 3.6 and still wanna go higher lol :D.

Honestly I think you should run your ram 1:1 and loosen the timings to say 2.5-3-3-6

Your computer will run faster 1:1 with looser timings than running ram at 2-2-2-5 at 192mhz. You may even be able to run your ram 1:1 at 2-3-3-6 timings at your 240fsb with 2.8vdimm (ram voltage).

Good luck.

Killaapp said:
Honestly I think you should run your ram 1:1 and loosen the timings to say 2.5-3-3-6

Your computer will run faster 1:1 with looser timings than running ram at 2-2-2-5 at 192mhz. You may even be able to run your ram 1:1 at 2-3-3-6 timings at your 240fsb with 2.8vdimm (ram voltage).

Good luck.

I know that would be awesome and was looking forward to that but I already tried no such luck, it wont go past 220 at 1:1 no matter what timings I put in. Im guessing the RAM wants more Voltage and this board wont give anymore(2.85).

Juic3 said:
Ok, I got my OCZ and testing done, Im up to 3.6 ghz, with 5:4 divider and 2-2-2-5 timings with auto Vcore, temps seem the same 40-41 idle and 47-48 load.

Wouldnt go past 215 FSB with 1:1 and 2225 timings, with 2 3 2 6 it did 220, so I moved to 5:4 and these are my results so far, already passed dual prime95 27 hours :D

Now do you guys think I should go ahead for more ? I dont wanna up the vcore until I mod my case next week, when my 120mm fan comes :D I would also love to know if Im shortening the life of my CPU as it is, or does that happen only when I starting upping the vcore ?

Thanx for all the help, I cant believe Im doing 3.6 and still wanna go higher lol :D.

nice results congrats :beer:
220 is good for a 1gb kit of bh5 at 2.85v, you need 3+ to run higher with bh5/utt
IIRC you're not hurting the cpu as long as the vcore is stock/low and the temps are low. you could try going with a higher fsb and raise vcore a bit, at least for experimentation, but IMO in the long run you should stick with stock vcore, a few more mhz wont make that much of a difference after all

D

ZL1 said:
nice results congrats :beer:
220 is good for a 1gb kit of bh5 at 2.85v, you need 3+ to run higher with bh5/utt
IIRC you're not hurting the cpu as long as the vcore is stock/low and the temps are low. you could try going with a higher fsb and raise vcore a bit, at least for experimentation, but IMO in the long run you should stick with stock vcore, a few more mhz wont make that much of a difference after all

D

Sweet, thanks for all the help, Im a happy camper :D .

I like my 3dmark2005 score, well the CPU oc didnt do a lot but its cool http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=1256128 .

Back