• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4S800d-x no cpu fan speed and need temp settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

VooDooShot

Registered
Ok went threw some old comps and parts from a friend thought had all celerons yet there was a year old dell sitting in the pile that had a sticker said hit by lightining
well anyways is a P4 2.2 Northwood (i have a 2.4 NW in wifes comp so testing was easy ) i figured for free not bad
so had to get some ram and a fan and a mobo

went with a AC supersilent ( fan was broke when opend and cant return so took a 4" case fan and zip tied the corners on with the air blowing away from heatsink not sure how well that is going to work )
ram from the comps laying around all pc2700 2 sticks 256 each total 512 ( ill get more later if needed )

had to get a vid card decided to go a lil $$ and got a XFX 6800
had to get a mobo and only one in town for a 478 with agp P4S800d-X
had xtra 500 watt psu already tested
and xtra case

ok installed XP on a 40g 7200 booted comp says no cpu fan well i know fan is turning after boot and all setups says 0 speen on case fans and the modded cpu fan yes all 3 have 3 wires and posted speeds of 2000 or more on other system using asus probe says no speed and just beeps
on boot up it stops till you press f1 ( i turned that off )
i cant find anything about it in other forums yet thought i read about it needing a bios update long time ago ( maby diff mobo cant remimber )

any ideas ???
also what should i set the temp to for the cpu the mbo and the 6800 gpu

after that what is good program to run for heat checking only ?

You need to plug a fan into the mobo header marked "CPU" or you'll get that alarm. Most Asus and Abit BIOS will have a option to disable the fan alarm. Try to keep CPU temps under low 50's. Try MBM5 for monitoring temps and voltages.

Back