• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p5q deluxe problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

issepower

Registered
So today I started to play Far Cry 3. Everytime after 5-10 minutes te game crashes and i hear the GPU (asus gtx570) restarting(fan spinning fast and then slower).

My Q8300 was overclocked so i thought it was maybe a bad overclock. I restarted my pc with cpu stock speeds and then windows alway got stuck at logo and crashed. My ram are 2x2gb G Skill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK.

I started to search what the actual problem was so I removed one of the DIMMs. Then Windows did boot. 2 Dimms are working but separatly.

Now should I RMA the motherboard or is the problem somewhere else?

Any help is appreciated!

EDIT: I also resetted the CMOS, but nothing...

Q8300 @ 7.5x333
CPU Cooler ???
p5q deluxe
2x2gb G Skill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK @ ???
asus gtx570 @ ???
Power Supply ???
Windows Version ???
Hi and :welcome:
So everything is back to stock now that you have reset the CMOS. What are the current timings, frequency and voltage for your RAM? I'm guessing 5-5-5-15, DDR2-800/400MHz, 1.8 volts (auto).
Try running memtest86 with both sticks of RAM in slots 1 & 3, then in slots 2 & 4.

My psu is a nexus rx 7000. The problem is I cant boot into windows with 2 dimms..

The problem is I cant boot into windows with 2 dimms..

If you're saying that again because he asked about the PSU, it's a pretty valid question, failing power supplies can cause really odd issues.

Anyway, as JLK03F150 mentioned Memtest is a good next step. It's nice and quick and doesn't require Windows to run. Any memory issues bad enough to stop Windows from functioning usually pop up nearly immediately(though not 100% of the time).

Yes, create a memtest CD (with another PC) from an iso at their site. Boot from CD & run a test. If it won't start with two sticks, try it with one at a time. If you're testing with one stick and getting errors, try the same stick in various slots.

Memtest86 only works with 1 dimm( tested every slot). Tested two dimms

Did you memtest each piece of RAM for several loops? Did either piece give you any errors?

Can you post a CPUz .txt file so we can your more about your system?

I would try clearing your bios by pull the power cord and press the power button for 5 seconds. See if that will fix your problem.

I think bumping up the nb voltage from 1.4 to 1.5 did the trick. Just because that 0.1v

Weird no? My board is now definitely unstable right?

Yes sounds like the north bridge suffers from degradation. However if it's working ok go with it.

Is it still under warranty anyway?
I would just keep it.
Maybe for a weekend project, remove the northbridge heatsink and replace the thermal compound.
What's the nb temp in the bios or speedfan?

Yes still under warranty. At 1.5v and fsb at 450mhz the NB temp is at 45 degrees

Back