• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P67 RAM speeds

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SMOKEU

On the Intel website it states that the memory specs for the 2600K are 1066/1333MHz. What does this actually mean? Does it mean that Intel doesn't officially support RAM speeds above 1333MHz?

Also, can high RAM speeds cause any stability problems if the RAM is being run at its factory speed, voltage and timings, assuming the RAM isn't faulty?

That's correct... Intel doesn't support effective DRAM frequencies higher than DDR3-1333. The primary concern w/ running high speed RAM is that of the IMC and the extra strain imposed on it, normally corrected by raising the VTT, the DRAM voltage, or loosening the timings if necessary.

I noticed that when I flashed the latest BIOS, by default my 1866MHz CL10 runs at 1333MHz CL9 as I didn't use XMP. I have now set the speed and timings manually.

Since I'm having a lot of other stability problems with my computer (I think the CPU is bad, I've started another thread in General Hardware about this), would it be a good idea to try and lower the speed to 1333MHz CL9 and see if I get better stability with that?

Back