• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p6t asus. speedstep, speedstem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sage0030

are there two settings in bios? speedstep, speedstem? is that correct, somone said thats why my cpu freq is throttling?

just looked through your manual .
speed step and turbo mode are the 2 throttling functions i see...
so i dont think speed stem is there...
maybe an intel guy will come to correct me if i am wrong been a few years sinc i bought intel...

not sure if the p6t can be crossflashed with the "secret bios"0006 that will keep it from dropping the multi under load. may want to do a search and see. I run that bios on my del. they have a thread at xtremesystems may want to check it.

another thought, is that I have heard that asus has never and wont release a bios for the p6t that will keep it from throttling back to 20x under load. not sure if that still holds true, so I would look and see if anyone has crossflashed the del bios and the non deluxe. If you find it does work I have that bios and the flash utility to allow flashing.

What exactly are you seeing? Overheating will cause it to throttle.

supposedly, there are combinations that will make it drop the multi. heat, vcore and the wattage the cpu is using all come into play.

Back