• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p8z77-m. No boot. Defect, incompatibility or config? [help!]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Guys, I did change the SATA parameter in the mobo to IDE but I still cant boot my old windows partition.

The links redduc posted say you can switch to IDE/AHCI but when you already have access to the partition.

Is there any other reason why the boot would fail even though ive changed to IDE?

ps: I tried to repair the partition and I got this message:
Problem Signature 06: 6
Problem Signature 07: BADDRIVER

I think I solved it, borrowed an old hdd and started the transfer for a fresh intall.

So, one last question. I set the corsair PSU again and this time it worked, no flashing standby light as opposed to my first attempts.

Do you think it is risky I keep it now that things seems to be normal or should I go ahead and buy a new one?

Cause I was told that the corsair might have compatibility issues with the new mobo. Ok, I tested it with the old mobo and it worked fine. But then I retested it with the new mobo and fine too! I know now for sure it has no defect but how can I be sure about the compatibility thing?

Back