• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Part List for Hackitosh...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

neonthunder

So as some of you know Im building a Hackintosh [ MY HACKINTOSH PROJECT ]

Here's the current list of hardware I'm hoping to use and keep my build around £600 / $775

Case - already bought - £20 inc. vat

1TB HD - Salvaged from my iMac FREE!

Gigabyte Intel GA-H270-HD3 LGA 1151 ATX Motherboard - £91.98 inc. vat

Intel Core i3 6100 3.7GHz - £108.62 inc. vat
Choose this as it has the processing power i need and Im not looking to over clock, plus I can't justify the price of an i5

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750 Ti 4GB - £122.97 inc. vat

Corsair CX Series CX450M 450W - £48.36 inc. vat

Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (2 X 4GB) DDR4 - £63.98 inc. vat

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5inch SSD - £89.93 inc. vat

Been using tonymacx86.com as guide and sourcing parts from ebuyer.com

thanks for any help in advance. :)

I would go here to check out Hackintosh compatible components: https://www.tonymacx86.com/buyersguide/june/2017. Maybe you already have. I have built several Hacintosh's and I can tell you if you start with components that are known to be "out of the box compatible" you will be way ahead of the game and save yourself a lot of frustration.

I would go here to check out Hackintosh compatible components: https://www.tonymacx86.com/buyersguide/june/2017. Maybe you already have. I have built several Hacintosh's and I can tell you if you start with components that are known to be "out of the box compatible" you will be way ahead of the game and save yourself a lot of frustration.

Hi trents - been using tonymacx86.com, its been really helpful.

I think you'll be fine. The only problems I had were when I was using an ASRock motherboard and I could not get it to boot without the Unibeast USB flash drive plugged in. Turns out it was a known problem. I purchased a used Gigabyte board that matched one that was on Tony's list and everything worked like it should. Audio can be a little confusing to get configured as there are settings for both the internal system sounds and for everything else. Near as I can tell everything works like it should as if it was a true Mac.

Do you own a true Mac to be able to download the OSX for making Unibeast?

Last edited:
Back