• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC Alert 4 and Cooler XP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lilsorms202

I got this software called PC Alert 4 it tells me the temps and volts of my comp sooo i was wondering how reliable this program is and if is giving me correct info.

A branch in this program is cooler xp i have no clue how this works but when i use it the program says it's cooling and my temps on PC Alert 4 drop at least 4 degrees celcius. also on the task manager it says that cooler xp is using 100% of my CPU sooo i'm lost and would like some feedback on these programs.

P.S. According to PC Alert 4 my CPU is running at 50 degrees celcius and my system at 30 degrees celcius. Is this too HOT?

BTW these came with my motherboard driver CD they were like MSI utilities or sumthin

I have heard of CoolerXP, in fact I'm pretty sure that I had it installed for a while.
If I remember correctly, the program takes over the CPU, much like "system idle processess" and then doles out CPU cycles to apps actually doing work. Or something like that.
It must not have done much for me, since it's long gone from my software setup, but if it works for you then fine.

Lilsorms,

Your temps seem a tad on the high side, but without some more detailed info about your setup it's hard to really be sure.

I have run both and the both suck. (EDIT: yes the temps are pretty accurate on the MSI boards)
I only use Speedfan and MBM5 now.

I have pc alert 4 as well and have noted that my cpu temp on startup will remain at 59 to 60c then after 10 or 15 mins level off to 33c. Seems a bit odd to me...what do you guys think?

Cooler XP just gives the halt command to your CPU. It only lowers temps at idle. I used PC Alert for a little while with my old MSI KT4 Ultra board. I didn't like the layout so I switched to Speed Fan.

I'm using the program on one of my rigs. When I turn on coolerxp the temps drop by about 10C. But it only works when it's idle, as soon as u fire up some kind of program temps rise back to normal.

And PCAlert > Winbond hardware doctor in my opinion.

I have just installed PC alert 4 and the alarm went off straight away? i have no idea on what the diagram means can anyone help me?
PC_alert_4_alarm.png
My PC shuts down after 40 minutes? I have 4 fans on my pc and all are turning?

How many threads and posts are you goung to start man? Not to mention this is an 8 year old thread.

Back