• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pc power randomly cuts out

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jimijames

My pc will random just shut off when playing games. i cant seem to figure out the problem. the temps seem fine. i have had the psu and motherboard replaced. not sure if the psu is not getting enough power or if something is gettting ready to fail. it usually onlly happens in 25 man raids. or when im listening to a podcast and playing a game at the same time. any help would be aprecaited

Check it out with HWMonitor when playing the game that causes the cut out, and see what the 3.3v 5.0v and the 12v lines are showing and also the Temps at the same time!! Also there might be some place on your board to check out the Voltages using a good Multimeter as well, try looking in your Handbook.;) :thup:

How old is the AX1200 is it still in warranty and could ask Corsair to replace it?? I know some of there PSU's have 5 year Warranty!!:shrug:

The only 3 other things to check out is CPU Temps,GPU Temps and Voltage to the GPU on full Load when playing that game!!! :shrug:

GL from AJ.

Better off getting a Multimeter then going by HWmonitor voltages. Hwmonitor rail V readings for my system aren't even close, I've checked them with a multimeter and they are right where they are supposed to be.

Back