• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC shut down?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lIrenicuSl

Hi, my current new pc [1 month old] is hitting some werid troubles by shutting down by itself.
It happend 3 times in entire month, 2x times it was after 17h of usig it [i was thinking that PSU is causing problems] but today it happend after 10 minutes of usage...
Is there any program where i could stress-test it, or maybe anyone has idea whhat it could be?
He is just restarting after soe random amount of time....for no reason, no lag before, no graphic problems- just restarting...

Prime95 will stress the CPU and RAM.

What PSU do you have? How old is it? What wattage is it? What OS are you running?

It is true that Windows 10 will try to force reboots from time to time but it could be the power supply. You don't have a lot in terms graphics stress on the PSU.

Im using windows 7 x64 bit Home proffesional
PSU- 600 watt OCZ one, 8 years old
PC spec:
i7 7700k
Gtx 1080ti gaming X MSI.
18 gb ram ddr4 3000 mhz, G skill
MSi tomahawk z270

Should i run prime95?
Thing is that 2x times it shutted down after 17 hours of usage so i was sure that PSU was causing troubles, but now after 10 min of working with google chrome- suprised me,,,,

Is it overclocked?

Could be RAM. Run memtest86 for 3-4 passes.

Stress test with Prime95 as others have said. Monitor core temps during stress testing with HWMonitor.

Back