• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pci-e x16...whats the deal?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
even if they do decide to make SLI on the AGP cards you would still have to part with your card for a new one since none of the current AGP 6800 series cards have the SLI connector on them, only the PCI-E cards do.

yea, well i had intended to wait a while before upgrading... The plan was wait until after New Years and then do the whole shabang. Will the nForce 4's be out by then? i was hoping to be able to wait a few months and see which motherboards were best for overclocking but i know once January roles around i am going to be really anxious. I hope things start happening soon...

Nightingale said:
well I have heard before the end of the year so probably Novemeber/December for NF4.
I've recently read an article about SLI in CustomPC magazine and it does briefly mention nForce4:

But once all that's sorted, all we're going to need are some motherboards to accommodate the two cards, as the only setup that we know of with the appropriate slots is Intel's dual Xeon "Tumwater" chipset.

However, while not wanting to give away too many details, some motherboard manufactures have hinted at the possibility of more options at a later date. One example was Andrew Cotterill from Epox, who told CPC that Epox, "may manufacture a board based on nForce4 with PCI-E 16x and 8x connectors for SLI", and said that he expected nForce4 boards to be circulating by the end of this year.

Last edited:
DanIdentity said:
The new Intel 915/925 mobos are widely available now, it's a lack of high-end PCI-E vid cards that is the hold up.

I ditto that!! Moreover, I am willing to bet that it will be at least a couple months before you even start to see PCI Express cards listed on places like Newegg and Zipzoomfly.

JigPU,

I didn't realize you became an admin!!! :eek: :eek: When the heck did that happen? Congrats on the green stars bro! :)

Back