• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PCIEx pins are missing on PCIEx slots!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Rolled back? Does it do it with a fresh install of those drivers per my instructions? Can you confirm both cards have the same drivers installed (see GPUz, and use the dropdown to see).

Rolled back? Does it do it with a fresh install of those drivers per my instructions? Can you confirm both cards have the same drivers installed (see GPUz, and use the dropdown to see).

Yes, did a fresh isntall per your instructions with 12.10.

Here is what GPU-Z shows:

GPU 1 Driver Version: atiumdag 9.2.0.0 (Catalyst 12.10)/Win7 64
GPU 2 Driver Version: atiumdag 9.2.0.0/Win7 64

Second GPU dosent show the Catalyst Version! Is this ok?

It has the same drivers... though its odd that the second doesnt match... shouldnt be a problem, but odd.

There isnt a supplemental power plug on your board is there?

What does ULPS do (I know just asking you to look it up)? Did you try enabling, disabling it?

No, not the 8 pin for the CPU, Im talking an extra power connector, likely around the PCIe area or SATA area

Your NB is on the CPU... you talking about the heatsink by the sata ports? Yeah, try cooling that off as, iirc, that helps with the PCIe lanes.

ED, what do you think about me always crashig with 1 card in second PCIe slot bit not with a single card in the first slot? Does this point to a bad PCIe slot?

Again, no... it does not...at least not yet. Let's stay on the same bowling lane here... no chucking the ball all over. :rofl:

Using two cards will raise the temperature of that heatsink. Using one card it will not be as warm. Let's try cooling that unit off with directed airflow and see perhaps if that is the case.

Otherwise, not sure what to say. You can try to RMA the board after that, but Im certainly not convinced its the slot. If the slot was bad, two cards shouldnt work at all really.

ULPS(ultra low power state) Is a known issue with AMD cards and overclocking. I spent days beating my head on the desk when I was trying to get my wifes 6670 overclocked. Of course that was the 6xxx series IDK if its still an issue for the 7xxx stuffs. Regardless given the power of your setup the few extra watts at idle shouldn't be noticeable.

Got it. Btw, last night after i repeatedly crashed and rebooted and went right back into a game, i noticed at one point onwards my power supply fan kept running even after i powered off the machine completely. It would run for about a min or two then stop. Excessive heat would be blowing out the back of the PSU. Alot more than usual. Thought it throw this out there just so that we dont leave anything unaccounted for.

If the PSU is working properly, it has plenty of power for that setup. If its not, it could also be the issue.

I wouldnt imagine that PSU to be more than blowing warm air out under load to be honest...

Ed, I have a extra 600watt blue storm PSU laying around. Would it be safe if I used it to power just the GPU's and use my corsair for everything else just so that i can eliminate the PSU being the culprit?

You can try that sure. Im not sure, but you may need to jumper it to get it to work.. I dont recall the requirements to get it working if its only 12v or not.

...this also assumes that PSU has enough PCIe connectors as well.

this may help

*1: The PCIe x16_3 slot shares bandwidth with PCIe x1_1 slot, PCIe x1_2 slot, USB3_34 and eSATA. The PCIe x16_3 default setting is in x1 mode.

and the missing pins is the norm for an x8 slot it is just that x8 half the lanes so half the connectors the solder points are probably on the board for a different version that has 2x 16x slots

Back