• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pelt wrong?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
my proccessor is still running high on even with the pelt and AS5. Help plz

What is the wattage of the pelt, what is the CPU, did you use a cold plate, what is powering the pelt, what voltage are you running the pelt at, what are you cooling the hot side of the pelt with, and finally, yes, use thermal paste on both sides of the pelt......

Siphilon said:
Why don't you do a little reading before making 3-4 posts?

Sorry.

I have this running on the PSU i showed you before the 500w aspire that gives out 34 amps and just running the 226w. My cpu is 2.4c and i need termal paste on the hot and cold side? and yes i got a cold plate. Do i need thermal paste on the cpu too?

It doesnt form ice on the plate because i have neoprene around it so when i turn it off the ice doesnt drop on my videocard.

I have a maze3 on it.

matttheniceguy said:
you could check to make sure it is getting enough power. When the pelt is running put a voltmeter across it and see what it says.

Is that a way to see how many W it is too? because i dont think it is a 226w pelt. But i fixed the problem and my idle is like 17.5 and max is 30 but this is abit and it tends to read 10-13 deg higher. So id say 7.5 - 20.

*edit* nvm my temp monitor froze at 30 so i dont know if i fixed my problem or not.

Last edited:
Ok now my cpu goes from 10C-38C(abit) 0C-25C(about actual)but raises slowly from there. Is it because i didnt put thermal paste on each side of the pelt? the hot and the cold side?

You should have thermal paste everywhere you want heat to be transfered, this means on the CPU and on BOTH sides of the pelt.

The only way to really figure out how much power the pelt is drawing is to find a multimeter which can measure at least 25 amps of current or more. Most can only measure about 10 befor they melt. Then you measure the voltage as well.

Power = Voltage*Current

Ok im going to get a multimeter this weekend and some other supplies to vmod :)

I got both sides with AS5 and now im getting 3C-(30-35) (abit reading) and -7C - (20-22.5) (about actual) But this is dual instance prime with the small ftt which is just the CPU working max load. But when i run blend it tends to stay around 10C

Back