• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Peltier setup and percausions.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jackyyll

I'm thinking about buying a peltier along with a thermaltake bigwater SE water cooling kit. I have some questions on the peltier though.

1) With the peltier, do you need a second power supply? My main one is 450W is that enough?
2) Do I need to purchase a better water block?
3) Do they sell pre-cut neoprene for LGA-775?
4) I've heard the LGA-775's dont need the dielectric grease, is this true?
5) I have an Intel Celeron D 2.66GHz processor, how many watts should my peltier be?
6) Any suggestions?

:welcome: to the forums.

I'm assuming you have read the stickies so I'll just add a few bit of usefull info and my opinions.

Get a 226w pelt. That will require another power supply. Your bigwater might do it if you can get a coldplate for it. You can get a coldplate for a maze4 easy enough. You will have to cut your own neopreme. I have never used dielectric grease with any socket but you need to seal things very well to do that.

Alright, well for the radiator how many watts of heat should it displace? Also what kind of coldplate do you reccomend? The maze4? Can i get a link please? :)

Thanks for your help.

http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?productid=114
I don't think it would work with any other waterblock though.

Any radiator will radiate any amount of heat. The question is how low will it keep your water temps with that much heat. The bigger/better the radiator is, the lower your water temps will be. A common problem with using a pelt is that the water temps are so much higher with the pelt than without it that much of the potential of the pelt is lost.

Back