• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pentium 2.4c/2.6c vs. 2500 mobile.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Kenshiro said:
Video card is still way much more an important factor in gaming than CPU.

No, no...

Kenshiro said:
I do agree that both processor and video card are important factor.

There you go!!! :thup:
Kenshiro said:
My opinion is to show that if they have to choose between CPU and Video card, they should get a better video card. I never said to put a 9800pro into a pentium 2. Please, don't put your words into my mouth.

I was just using PII as an example to. Please don't take examples too literally. :p

Kenshiro said:
I can see that you are new here. For your information, unlike the forum in Tomshardware.com, flaming is not allow here. If you have your opinion, feel free to express it. But it is totally unnecessary to insult other people's opinion. Just giving you a warning. If you continue to keep that flaming attitude up and the forum master will ban you.

I am a very vocal person, I will say what I believe is right, and will disagree what I think is wrong. That's because I have many years of experience (both academically & professionally) in computers and I know what I am talking about. I usually lurk around forums (esp. this) and don't join/post at all. I just can't stand the fact that there are just too many kids who think they know a little about computers and start BSing around....

If I came across as flaming, it was unintentional, and I don't mean it. :p
I'll have to keep my own thoughts to myself instead of correcting the wrongs from now onwards.......

BTW, THG is too biased, so don't even bother with them, same goes for Extremetech.....

Thank you.

Last edited:
That guy up at the top who said you need to get good cooling to overclock amd processor is wrong. I have a 2500+ oc to 2.2ghz and i get good temps with the stock heatsink and fan. I also have a very hot room the temp outside my room is 102 degres wich makes my room hot

goon said:
How can you even compare A64 to P4C?? :rolleyes:

I seriously don't. The best is P4EE, and it was built for gaming right from the start!!!

Duh!!! That's because 1.8Ghz is more than sufficient for all games out there now. Try a P2-400mhz with your 9800 Pro and then tell me if its better than the 3.9Ghz with TI-4200 !! :bang head

the p4ee is a xeon core chip. It wasnt built to run games from the beginning. It was an emergency cpu that intel needed to try to gain the cpu crown back from amd

the GPU will be far more important as future games come out. A faster CPU won't allow you to turn on DX9 effects, but a newer videocard will.

in sticking with the title of this thread a 2.4c or 2.6c vs 2500 mobile, all chips paired with a good video card and atleast decent memory will give you good results. Personally i'd take the 2.4c out of that group, however any one of those 3 cpu's will do very nicely.

If you want to start talking $1000 cpu's then the story is different, but he is not looking at $1000 P4EE or AMD 5X's.

2.4C seems to average 3.2 - 3.4Ghz and mine did 3.3Ghz (275FSB). With a question like 2.4c vs 2500+ your going to get atleast 2:1 ratio of AMD people saying 2500+ is better since there are more AMD users on this forum, so i'd get whatever you personally like. you like AMD and know AMD, then buy AMD. If you know Intel and want to overclock 2.4C, but Intel. You can't loose with either chip as long as your video and memory aer decent. Pair either of those 2 chips with a 9800 Pro and your set for games.

I have a mobile 2400+ with a thermaltake silent boost. It runs 24/7 at 2.3 GHz. No problems with stability.

Games run just fine. Would I be able to build a faster rig based on a different processor? Yes, I'm quite sure I could. Would it be fast enough to warrant switching? In my opinion, NO.

goon said:
I am a very vocal person, I will say what I believe is right, and will disagree what I think is wrong. That's because I have many years of experience (both academically & professionally) in computers and I know what I am talking about. I usually lurk around forums (esp. this) and don't join/post at all. I just can't stand the fact that there are just too many kids who think they know a little about computers and start BSing around....

If I came across as flaming, it was unintentional, and I don't mean it. :p
I'll have to keep my own thoughts to myself instead of correcting the wrongs from now onwards.......

BTW, THG is too biased, so don't even bother with them, same goes for Extremetech.....

Thank you.

Hello. Do I know you? E46Fanatics forum? :D Your car in your avatar ;)

Back